SMA America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
SMA America is an E-Verify Employer.
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Field Service Engineer (Canada)
Job Code: 2013-SERVICE-053
Division: Service Operations
Department: Field Service
Status: Full Time Regular
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for maintaining commercial inverters in the field. Duties include commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and analyzing commercial inverter applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Commissions, troubleshoots, repairs, and analyzes SMA America’s commercial inverters in the field, via email, telephone and site visits.
- Develops a detailed knowledge of SMA’s commercial inverter products, associated SMA accessories, and third party accessories that are sold by SMA for use with the inverters.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Regularly works with high voltage DC electricity, three phase power, and the relevant software and firmware of the inverters.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction while striving to lower the costs of field service.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
Education and Experience
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field is strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in electrical, electronic and/or network communications are required.
- Prior experience in the solar energy industry is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of solar and/or alternative energy markets is preferred.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal field service environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to travel, stand, walk, talk, hear, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to lift, move, push, pull, use the hands to manipulate objects, drive and type.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach above the shoulder, stoop, bend, squat, and kneel.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment is constrained to a field service environment, with occasional functions in a corporate office.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to electrical hazards, and exposure to weather of extreme temperatures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires significant domestic and international travel.
SMA Solar Technology - 9 months ago