Field Service Engineer Tulsa, OK Summary
The Field Service Engineer position has a primary responsibility to provide technical support for TomoTherapy and CyberKnife customers by phone, or onsite as determined by machine status and customer requirements. This individual is responsible for the onsite management and resolution of customer equipment issues, and requesting further TomoTherapy or CyberKnife resources on an as needed basis to quickly resolve problems. Timely response to customer requirements is required due to the nature of the equipment and the medical therapy provided to patients. This position may also involve providing support to customer employed in-house service personnel.
The Field Service Engineer role will be provided by personnel located in the field proximate to TomoTherapy Hi-Art and CyberKnife system customer sites. The Field Service Engineer may support multiple sites in their geographical location. The primary field service option for a particular customer site will be determined by Accuray, based on a viable workload existing to support the placement of field personnel in that geographic location. Field Service engineers may also work hours other than a traditional 8:00 am to 5:00 pm shift and may also work weekend days as part of their normal work days. Work Schedules are determined by a combination of, but not limited to, Accuray’s service obligations, customer service needs, and FSE input. The FSE may be asked to work overtime in addition to their current schedule
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide repair, upgrade, and maintenance support for TomoTherapy HiArt and CyberKnife systems located at customer sites, throughout the world.
- Support is provided to the customer remotely by phone, internet and by on site visits, as determined by the machine status or customer requirements.
- Promoting customer satisfaction through the timely response to customer calls, clear and effective communications with internal and external customers, professional appearance, and efficient repair/maintenance activities.
- Self management of schedule and work priorities to ensure that urgent customer requirements are addressed appropriately and customer satisfaction is optimized.
- Accurate and clear documentation of work activities are to be completed within the Accuray Customer Management software program, such that these records provide appropriate documentation of the product service history for Device History File records.
- Initial review of customer issues, such that customer concerns with product performance and safety are quickly communicated to Accuray for appropriate review and handling.
- Assist in the training of FSEs, other Customer Support staff, and customer or site personnel with respect to maintenance and service activities, as required.
- Work with other FSEs and/or Customer Support Staff on CyberKnife or TomoTherapy products as required
- Appropriate care of parts inventory and prompt return of replaced parts that are required to be returned to Accuray for processing.
- Appropriate management and timely completion of expense reports incurred in the field for customer service or company required travel and/or training.
- Assist in the development of service documentation, in conjunction with the Accuray Customer Service team.
- Assist in the new installation of TomoTherapy and CyberKnife systems at customer sites, as available.
- Assist in identification and development of Field Support tools and test equipment.
- Maintain company vehicle (if provided) in accordance with Accuray fleet vehicle policy, including safe operations, vehicle cleanliness and vehicle maintenance
- Provides feedback through the Accuray Customer Service group for service related product improvements that could improve Mean Time to Access (MTTA) and Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), or improvements in Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
- Assist in the development, documentation, and testing of service tools and design updates to the product.
- Works effectively with other engineers, scientists, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Support project team activities, with attendance at team meetings, representation of Field Service requirements, and provision of documentation as required.
- Observe Accuray Safety Program requirements and work practices.
- Help ensure that safety requirements and quality considerations are pro-actively addressed and implemented in the design of the product.
- Communicate to the Accuray corporate, or where possible directly address, quality issues raised by customers, in a timely fashion.
- Supports the Accuray Quality System and Safety and Health Program by following procedures and mentoring others.
- Takes ownership of individual safety to maintain a safe work environment, including adequate rest and meal breaks
- Notifies direct manager of safety concerns and initiates work stoppage until concerns are addressed by the appropriate site or Accuray personnel
- The employee must routinely lift and/or move physical inventory, tools and test equipment, office supplies, or stored records weighing up to 80 pounds.
- The employee must occasionally move or transport physical inventory weighing up to 1500 pounds utilizing lifting/moving devices such as jib cranes, boom cranes, lifting fixtures, hand dollies and equipment dollies.
- The employee must periodically lift/move/or hold in place machine parts weighing up to 80 pounds.
- The employee must periodically stand, kneel, or crouch as required during machine maintenance or repair.
Accuray - 17 months ago