Primary Purpose |
: Provide field engineering support at customer sites by coordinating machine trials, troubleshooting and performing validations. Location is flexible - within US.
- Understand all aspects of Package Development including defining packaging requirements, material selection, package design, and package testing. Knowledge of package validation procedures
- Assist as needed with packaging validation procedures
- Assist in managing and maintaining the packaging lab and its machinery
- Assist product development and sales teams with the development of new products
- Assist customers with quality issues
- Produce and ship samples for trade shows and marketing to internal and external customers
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience working on packaging equipment
- BS in Engineering, related field or equivalent engineering experience
- Knowledge of packaging validation procedures
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong people skills with proven ability to develop teamwork and achieve results
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Knowledge and Experience Preferred:
- AS400 aptitude
- Strong understanding of converting processes. Knowledge of laminations, coatings, extrusion, flexographic, and gravure printing
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Electronic troubleshooting skills
- Have a thorough understanding of packaging materials for the medical, pharma, food and personal care industries
- Travel time anticipated at 70% per month (including domestic and international travel and it will sometimes be short notice)
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Planning and Organizing
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Writing and Reporting
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Working with People
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Amcor Flexibles - United States is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 847-362-9000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Amcor Limited is a global leader in responsible packaging solutions, employing more than 33,000 people worldwide, operating in 42 countries across 300 sites. Amcor supplies a broad range of plastic (rigid and flexible), fibre, metal and glass packaging solutions to enhance the products consumers use in everyday life. Amcor also provides packaging-related services that help customers succeed through collaboration and innovation driven by art and science. Amcor is headquartered in Melbourne , Australia and is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. For more information visit www.amcor.com.
With 68 plants in 21 countries, Amcor Flexibles Europe & Americas, a division of Amcor, is a market leader and the world's largest supplier of flexible packaging. We deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the food, beverage, pharma, personal care, medical and industrial markets. Its award winning approach towards sustainability makes Amcor Flexibles Europe & Americas the preferred partner for customers looking for responsible packaging solutions. For more information visit www.amcor.com .
Amcor - 17 months ago
Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET...