Field Service Engineer
Broadwind Energy is seeking a Field Service Engineer for our Brad Foote Gearing division located in Cicero, IL. The Field Service Engineer will travel extensively to meet customer needs by servicing gearboxes and components.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
· Perform disassembly, repair and assembly of gearboxes and components.
· Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic devices and systems.
· Interface with customers during initial inquiry, system diagnosing and repair.
· Create reports for daily progress, trip summaries and engineering support.
· Collaborate with engineering to improve design and functionality of equipment, and communicate customer needs.
· Maintain and continually improve the service processes in terms of quality, safety, cost, delivery and communication.
· Complete all other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position you will need:
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills demonstrating exceptional attention to detail.
- Extensive skill in working with and troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment.
- Extensive knowledge using a wide variety of test equipment, including bore scopes, vibration test equipment, thermal imaging equipment and digital multi meters.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic schematics and assembly drawings.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including communicating effectively using professional e-mail etiquette.
· Solid analytic, diagnostic and problem solving skills.
· Proficient in the use of precision measuring gages and product acceptance requirements.
· Intermediate level computer skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
· Ability to effectively work with minimal supervision (unaccompanied or in a team environment) and make decisions based on business impact and technical data.
· Must be willing to assist office-based personnel.
· Must be able to travel overnight 40-70% of the time.
· Must be able to travel on short-notice and for indefinite periods of time (up to six week periods).
· Must be able to work offshore in harsh and inclement weather conditions.
· Must possess (or able to acquire) a passport or special visa permits for international travel.
· Must be able to arrange own travel.
· Preferred experience with offshore and international travel.
· Strength and stamina sufficient to maintain a rigorous work schedule, requiring continuous physical exertion and frequent heavy lifting.
· Ability to hear and speak via two-way radio in noisy environments.
· Good eyesight with the ability to see equipment and operate in sparsely lit areas.
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
· Must have dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a vehicle.
· Must be able to kneel, bend at the waist, and reach overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally to load and unload equipment.
· Must be able to pass designated offshore medical physical exam or possess current medical certificates.
· Must be able to pass designated offshore survival examinations or possess current offshore survival certification.
· May be required to take DOT qualified drug screening and be subject to random drug testing requirements.
· Willing to assist or lead in any special projects as requested by your supervisor.
· Must have a valid driver's license.
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remanufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. With facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of their investmentsquicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our website www.bwen.com to learn more about our organization.