Eppendorf, a leader in the bio-tech industry sales, marketing, manufacturing and distribution facilities located in North America , develops, produces and distributes systems for use in life-science research laboratories worldwide.
Its product range includes pipettes, dispensers and centrifuges as well as consumables such as micro test tubes and pipette tips.
In addition, Eppendorf provides instruments and systems for cell manipulation, automated devices for liquid handling, complete equipment for DNA amplification and biochips.
A series of complementary products manufactured by us and other companies round off this product range.
Eppendorf products are aimed at academic and commercial research institutes as well as industrial companies in the field of biotechnology or in other sectors using biotech research processes.
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer for the Orlando, FL area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform service efficiently and effectively on instruments and equipment as requested or initiated. This includes but is not limited to installation, operator training, preventive maintenance, testing, inspecting, troubleshooting, adjustments, calibrations, alignments and part replacement. Adheres to service manuals, technical procedures and direction while properly documenting and managing work activity, billing and quality documents in-house, on site at customer facilities or over the phone as required.
2. Establish and maintain a high degree of technical knowledge pertaining to service activities described. Satisfactory completion of service training curriculum on an ongoing basis.
3. Creates a high level of customer satisfaction through exhibiting both excellent technical and customer skills. Demonstrates a positive can-do professional image and attitude in front of customers and colleagues at all times. Communicates status and expectations in both written and verbal formats in clear, complete, concise manner at frequent or as requested intervals. Exhibits excellent proactive pre-call planning and follow-up skills.
4. Routinely requires extensive or overnight travel on short notice within or sometimes beyond defined territory or routine business hours to support customer and/or company service needs.
5. Promotes the sale of designated service products in order to meet budgeted and associated service and sales goals.
6. Responsible for inventory management of spare parts. Maintains and re-orders suitable inventory and complies with all of the company's inventory control policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
7. Responsible for proper care of company tools, equipment and all other assigned assets.
8. Exercises all safety precautions as required.
9. Responsible to follow all required elements of the Quality Management System and all other company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent military training, and three to five years’ related experience and/or training.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficiency in computer applications using Windows based software.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
To qualify for consideration, all applicants must submit a Cover Letter stating related experience and salary requirements. All cover letters and resumes MUST be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must maintain a good driving record.
You will be working in a professional, corporate environment. In return for your contributions, you will receive a competitive salary and an excellent company paid benefits package.
A sampling of our company paid benefits includes :
- comprehensive medical
- comprehensive dental
- basic life insurance
- short and lo ng term disability
- tuition reimbursement program
- paid vacation
- paid holidays
- paid sick and personal days
- 401k plan
Eppendorf is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/V/H
Eppendorf North America Inc., headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of Eppendorf AG (Hamburg, Germany.) For over 55 years Eppendorf has...