Travels efficiently to customer site and provides validation service, commissioning and emergency repair field support on Metal Detector, Checkweigher or X-Ray inspection equipment.
Follows Loma procedure guides and processes diligently
Maintain first time fix and field response time customer satisfaction rate at the target rate.
Verify that machines are operating at peak efficiency by proper calibration and testing.
Commission and test machines using certified test procedures, perform preventative maintenance and emergency service at customer sites.
Conduct on-site training along with communicating with the support staff on technical related issues.
Holds meetings with customers, including scope and exit meetings.
Working in a team environment, technician is responsible for coordinating communication between the field and the internal support staff.
Responsible for timely and accurate documenting and reporting of all service related activities.
Provide timely feedback to Engineering Department on equipment reliability and design.
Maintain a satisfactory parts inventory, requisitioning additional parts required to perform normal duties.
Maintain all company property, including lap top, cell phones, safety equipment and tools in good working condition.
Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times.
Conduct training with customer’s personnel to ensure proper operation of equipment.
Attend refresher training classes and/or technician meetings with other aftermarket team members as required.
Participate in the rotation of weekend on-call duties.
Field Service Engineer
- Minimum of 2 years experience in field customer service work or a commensurate military experience.
- Experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, emergency service and repairing electronics and mechanical machine problems in the field.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and internal staff.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret complex technical information involving mechanics and electronics. Must be able to interpret schematic and electrical diagrams.
- Must be able to travel extensively up to 95% of the time and is experienced with significant time away from home for a field service role.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular, daily basis.
- A strong ability to use Electronic test equipment such as Oscilloscope and Multi-meter; would score themselves a 4 or 5 out of 5 in these skill sets.
- Possess soldering techniques with actual experience soldering circuit boards and electronic components.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision and manage difficult and high pressure customer situations.
- Ability to manage a dynamic service schedule in a manner that results in timely service for Loma customers and an uninterrupted revenues stream for Loma.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate (clearly) in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Intensive overnight travel in the field is to be expected.
- Computer literate and capable of using MS Office suite and Lotus Notes; capable of learning additional proprietary software programs.
- Other duties as assigned
ITW - 21 months ago