(NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 20 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
The Field Support Engineer is responsible for providing onsite and remote service, troubleshooting, training and tech support for direct hospital accounts, distributors, OEM and internal customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide field support on all product lines including OEM devices;
- Supports/troubleshoots system problems; including configuring and coordinating with Masimo, vendors or hospital staff (nursing, doctors maintenance, IT and biomedical) on the support of all component items including such items as brackets, cables, routers, access points, bridges, and switches;
- Receive and respond to telephone calls and emails from end users;
- Document all complaints and failures per the Masimo Quality System;
- Initiate repair/replacement of failed and/or defective products;
- Be the customer advocate for all matters involving Service;
- Implement service sales strategies;
- Collaborate with Masimo Corporation’s Tech Support Team to produce Technical Bulletins for Masimo products;
- Identify potential Customer training issues and propose solutions;
- Convey information from the field regarding product suggestions, improvements and enhancements to Product Marketing;
- Follow-up to ensure closure of product and training issues to ensure overall customer satisfaction is achieved;
- Provide technical review of all training and supporting user interface documentation;
- Monitor Technical Support process and procedures. Initiate changes to optimize the process;
- Be able to work with and be knowledgeable of biohazard products and procedures;
- Maintain account management for service related activities;
- Provide service repair training;
- Perform all other duties as assigned or required;
- Frequent travel with little notice required
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Three years of related experience in the medical industry;
- Direct Technical experience, ability to communicate with all areas of healthcare industry;
- Must be a self-starter, a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is and dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong results orientation, positive "can do" attitude, and a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Must have flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Must be PC literate, have excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills;
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally; eligible to apply for a Passport;
- Ability to work on a rotating after-hours on-call schedule;
- Extensive knowledge of networking using TCP-IP protocols in an Enterprise environment
- Knowledge of engineering principles, troubleshooting, electronics and design
- Knowledge of Linux servers and Windows workstations
- Working knowledge of VPN configurations and use
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on an occasional basis;
- Call center experience with a global service provider of manufactured products;
- Prior experience in the Biomedical and/or Field Service;
- Experience with wireless site surveys and spectral analysis
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n standards
A Bachelor’s of Science degree is required. Or equivalent related clinical or technical experience in lieu of a BS degree.
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in hospital and hospital-like environments, including, but not limited to, patient rooms, data centers, etc. It requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and lifting. Team members must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand or sit for extended periods when installing, configuring, and troubleshooting systems, facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Frequent local and domestic travel is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more!
Masimo is proud to be an EOE, M/F/D/V, and we value and are committed to Diversity at every level.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE*** Thank you!
Masimo - 13 months ago
As important as the blood running through your veins is the oxygen it carries. Masimo knows that and makes tools that monitor arterial...