Navistar International Corporation is a leading North American truck manufacturer with great products, strong market positions and best-in-class distribution. For 175 years we have had a 100% commitment to doing what it takes to satisfy our customers, and our commitment today is as strong as ever. We are rededicated to strengthening our core businesses. Our recent investments and product launches position us for success. It all starts with a comprehensive approach and a team effort from our employees. So we’re looking for exceptionally talented and results-oriented individuals to join us and deliver on our promises to our customers, dealers, employees and shareholders.
As a Navistar Employee, you will enjoy working in a beautiful 87 acre corporate campus in Lisle with a cafeteria, two large fitness centers, paid vacation, health benefits, and 401K plan. Navistar has been recognized as the 2012 Illinois Healthiest Employer.
Position Purpose and Requirements:
Provides tool technical assistance to dealers/customers, including resolving difficult product issues. Research and develop critical resolutions in a timely manner. Makes critical decisions regarding all possible resolutions with regard to vehicle downtime and cost of repairs. Researches and communicates well-documented information to Engine Group, Truck Engineering, Software Vendors, Dealers, Customers and Knowledge Base population. Supports others with in field vehicle issue investigation and documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR at least 5 years of automotive/truck technical experience
- At least 3 years of automotive/truck technical experience
- 20% travel
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- At least 2 years experience with the diagnostics and/or repair of class 4 and above vehicles
- International ® specific experience a plus
- Vehicle electronic controls and implementation knowledge
- Solid understanding of gasoline, diesel, and natural gas fueled engines and electronic control systems. International ® specific experience a plus
- ASE certification
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and other web based applications
- Experience with electronic service tools, including OEM or 3 rd party
- Strong diagnostic and logical troubleshooting aptitude
- Experience with using and/or creating step based diagnostic procedures
- Technical Writing Experience
- Call center and/or warranty administration experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of International ® service publications, training, and overall product
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Learning On The Fly
- Problem Solving
- Written Communications
- Customer Focus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Future Rides On Us
Navistar, Inc. - 5 months ago
Navistar, Inc., a primary operating subsidiary of Navistar International, manufactures medium- and heavy-duty trucks bearing the...