We’re looking for people who think clearly, communicate effectively, and love seeing a project to completion to take on the role of Field Service Engineer. You’ll be working from home and traveling around the country, doing startup and commissioning of lighting control systems. If the above sounds like you/interesting, and you have experience with electrical wiring, you’re on our short list already. If you’re lacking the experience part, but you are one of those people who just really has a knack for completing projects with excellence, you should keep reading!
What you will be doing
Owning the project. That’s a big, bold statement, and we love it. Anybody can be taught to perform tasks, but not everybody has the confidence, professionalism, finesse and fortitude to make a project happen on time with 100% success. Our Field Service Engineers do. They speak with clarity and confidence, take responsibility for both their work and the work of others, address problems head-on, and most importantly allow the client to focus on their priorities while we focus on ours. Again, if the above sounds like you...keep reading!
You will work hands on, in the field, ensuring systems are installed by others correctly and sensors and equipment are properly calibrated. You’ll do field programming and perform incredibly thorough lighting control system testing. Once you’re proud of how well the system is operating, you’ll get to show it off while training the customer on how to use it.
We lay claim to being the best at what we do. We hire the best, demand their best, and give them our best. We’ve completed over 3,500 lighting control projects in 1500 locations, spread out across 5 countries since we started in 2007, and business is growing. We’re expanding our reach and team monthly, and we’re more excited than ever about the future of lighting control technology. We’re proud to work with vendors such as Lutron Electronics, Cooper Controls, Lumenpulse, and AMX, reducing energy costs and providing convenient solutions to both businesses and home owners alike. And since you’ve made it this far, we’re looking forward to learning more about you.
Recommended Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of and relevant work experience with electrical wiring
- Practical experience and knowledge of lighting systems
- Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Communication with up to 15 people.
- Desire to work hands-on in a construction environment
- Project management for project lengths between 1 week and 6 months
- Ability to think clearly and logically through complex situations
- Desire to travel 3-5 days a week and work independently from a home office
- Fully capable with Microsoft Office software package
- Confident to adapt to same-day and next-day changes to project scope and location.
- US Citizen
- Competitive salary based on experience and education
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Retirement)
- Profit sharing
- Unlimited Vacation after 18 months of employment
- No required weekend travel
- iPhone and iPad provided for use
JobHost - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard