The Field Service Engineer performs effective, high-quality installations, maintenance checks and repairs on all Roka Bioscience marked instruments, per the standards trained. S/he maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by utilizing proper customer relation skills and performing all repairs within acceptable time frames. S/he maintains parts costs and expenses at acceptable company standards and performs work tasks with the highest level of safety in the utilization of proper tools and service techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs instrument field service functions (i.e., installations, routine maintenance and repairs).
· Plans effectively to schedule all services on all assigned instruments in required time frames according to policy, and completing all necessary documentation per company procedures.
· Diagnoses instrumentation problems and perform repairs using proper techniques to provide quick resolution. Open and close calls per current policy and ensure timely documentation.
· Manages and maintains adequate spare parts “trunk stock” inventory levels in order to perform efficient repairs in the required response time according to company policy, while keeping parts costs to a minimum.
· Uses the highest level of customer relation skills when working with customers. Communicate professionally, respecting the customer, the company and its employees at all times.
· Acts as a team member to support a variety of service activities including repairs in other territories as assigned or as required.
· Plans travel arrangements for service calls to meet response times, while maintaining travel expenses at acceptable levels.
· Keeps management informed of service activities, to include, but not limited to changes, problems, and concerns.
· Performs instrument testing before shipment to a customer according to the QA Incoming inspection procedures.
· Works with the Director of Service to develop and write service SOPs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
QUALIFICATIONS/TECHNICAL SKILLS :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Equipment repair and troubleshooting, basic computer skills (MS), good verbal and written communications and problem-solving skills
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE :
AS Electronics/Biomedical Engineering
3 years field experience in medical, food or technical industry
Roka Bioscience - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard -