This position is posted as a Level 3 Field Service Engineer, but may be filled at a higher or lower level, based on the experience of the candidate.
As an industry technology leader, Siemens Energy has been setting the worldwide standard in turbine-generator technology for many years. Being part of the Energy Service division and working on a variety of large scale projects within the Field Service organization provides a detailed understanding of outage project planning and implementation. Interfacing with all engineering disciplines, project implementation, and being part of an outage project team provides an exciting work environment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Turbine-generator disassembly/reassembly, inspection and repair (4 years)
- Sound engineering judgment
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Problem solving
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Initiative and desire to learn
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Steam turbine-generator Field Service Engineer (7 years)
- Project management processes and techniques
- Siemens Field Service operations, procedures and computer systems
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of customer and Siemens organization
1. Candidate must live within one hour of a major airport.
2. Must be able to gain access to nuclear power plants, to include successful completion of all training requirements and background investigation(s), and be able to maintain access via compliance with fitness for duty (FFD) requirements, including random drug screenings and continuous behavioral observation (CBO).
3. Direct teams of Craft Labor Supervisors, Siemens Technicians and craft labor personnel in the safe installation, repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of customer's equipment; including schedule requirements and efficient utilization of resources.
5. Interface with and provide field service engineering expertise to Project Manager, division and product-line management, as well as customer management.
6. Promote maximum customer satisfaction with Siemens’ capabilities and potential, and Siemens equipment reliability and availability.
7. Ensure the customer's technical concerns are adequately addressed.
8. Assist with outage-planning, including the review and analysis of technical recommendations to insure their compatibility with customer's technical and commercial requirements.
Siemens - 19 months ago