Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of
environmental, energy and industrial services serving
over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500
companies, thousands of smaller private entities and
numerous federal, state, provincial and local
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors
has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste
management facilities, throughout North America in 37
U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto
Rico. The Company also operates international locations
in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the
United Kingdom. For more information, visit
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits
including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee
Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition
reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work
environment and require a pre-employment drug screen.
All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security
background checks, and some positions may require
pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Field Service Foremen is responsible for the
supervision of Field Technicians I & II. Ensures that
Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and that
the work is performed on time and within budget.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
following policies, processes, and acting in a safe
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by
manner at all times.
emergency response supervisor certifications.
- Maintains up-to-date confined space supervisor and
verifies that the appropriate equipment is available and
- Organizes crews, delegates job responsibilities and
on-site to complete the project/job.
allocation of manpower, equipment and other resources
- Works with the Field Service Coordinator in the
needed for the next day.
ensure contractual obligations are met. Prepares and
- Communicates with the Field Service Specialist to
submits project progression status reports and ensures
change orders are completed/communicated and executed
before any additional work is performed.
are on call or secure coverage for your shift and
- Responsible for quick and immediate response when you
communicate your replacement's name to the coordinator.
of daily work sheets for proper billing to customer.
- Responsible for the accurate completion and submission
- Responsible for Health and Safety issues on assigned
Technicians I & II and will also provide input to the
- Responsible for the training and mentoring of Field
Field Service General Manager regarding performance
evaluations for individuals to whom this position has
assigned Company vehicle and other equipment that is
- Maintains in good working order and appearance
accidents/incidents to their supervison
- Responsible for the timely reporting of work-related
to time by management and will be required by the needs
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time
of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and complexity of the work being
performed by personnel assigned to this classification,
and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks,
duties, and responsibilities required of personnel
assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or
restrict the work that may be assigned.
High School diploma or equivalency. 2 or 4 year degree
in Environmental Studies a preferred.
Knowledgeable and able to perform excavations. Heavy
equipment operation experience.
Emergency Response Supervisor training and Marine Spill
Response training (preferred). 2-4 years experience in
Environmental Field Service operations (preferred).
Knowledge of chemicals and background (preferred).
for a field service foreman.
- Must pass both written and practical competency exam
- Must complete and keep current confined space entry
- 40 Hour OSHA Training.
- Valid drivers license.
- Valid class "c" drivers license.
- Clean driving record.
regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste
- PC skills.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT)
codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR)
that are required to complete assignments.
- Knowledge of RCRA requirements/regulations.
- Understands the manpower and equipment requirements
an aptitude to complete assigned work.
- Leadership, supervisory and mentoring skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to travel, work weekends, and wear a pager.
- Available for 24 hour, on-call basis.
- Able to work with little if no direct supervision and
- Strong mechanical ability .
- Able to make real-time decisions in the field.
grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching.
- Requires standing, lifting, pulling/pushing, carrying,
determine color and need clarity of vision at 2 feet or
- Requires climbing, speaking, listening, need to
more (with or without lenses). Occasional requires
sitting, walking, and crawling.
# of Openings : 1
Req. Code : 28063
Offer Relocation : No
Clean Harbors Environmental Services - 15 months ago
Hazardous-waste management company Clean Harbors does more than its name suggests. Its major business lines are its technical services...