WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Ahern Rentals is looking for a field mechanic to respond to service calls at our customerâ€™s job sites. Upon arrival, the field mechanic diagnoses and repairs our rental equipment in the quickest and safest manner possible to allow our customers to return to work. This position works alone and away from the shop most of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Travel to customer work sites to complete repairs on various types of rental equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain heavy duty and other construction machinery including electric and fuel system engines
- Respond to service calls at customerâ€™s worksites
- Provide customers basic training, as needed
- Other duties, as assigned by Management
- Minimum 3 years heavy equipment repair experience
- Must possess own tools
- Must be able to work on several types and brands of equipment
- Must be able to read and understand electrical & hydraulic schematics
- Truck and diesel engine experience is a plus
- Must have current medical card
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days)
Ahern Rentals Inc - 22 months ago