Field Service Representative (FSR) (Job Number: 318426)
SAIC is seeking a Field Service Representative (FSR) to support the Sensors and Phenomonology Operation located in Manassas, Virginia.
Field Service Representatives (FSRs) deploy with Counter-Bomber systems into the CENTCOM Area of Operations (AOR) and embed with the military units that operate the systems. The following lists the requirements for a FSR, and details all of the duties and responsibilities that fall under their purview as Counter-Bomber FSRs.
FSR Duties & Responsibilities
Candidate must be able to start in the Jan. 1, 2013 timeframe.
- Training military operators on all aspects of the Counter-Bomber system
- Developing tactically sound operational employment plans with senior military force protection officers in theater
- Over-seeing the intra-theater movement & logistics of all Counter-Bomber systems and mission-essential equipment
- In coordination with duly appointed responsible officer, maintaining accountability of all Counter-Bomber systems and ancillary equipment
- Trouble-shooting and repairing or re-deploying any and all Counter-Bomber components that may become degraded or damaged during use
- Conducting routine site visits to all operational Counter-Bomber locations in order to assess system performance, conduct operator re-training, retrieve system data, and obtain user feedback
- Reporting to SET operations personnel on a weekly basis the status of all Counter-Bomber systems and ancillary equipment, to include system performance.
Preferred FSR Requirements
- 5 years of experience in teaching, training, and instructing large groups; exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Real world experience in conducting counter-insurgency operations, with a thorough knowledge of all elements of military force protection, checkpoint operations, and screening techniques
- Able to obtain medical clearance to deploy overseas
- An active DOD Secret security clearance is required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of military experience in a combat-arms related military occupational specialty (MOS)
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Dec 20, 2012, 8:46:55 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MANASSAS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...