Field Service Representative (Job Number:309687)
SAIC has a job opportunity for a Field Service Representative. This position will be located at Andrews AFB, MD.
The scope of this effort is a broad range of Performance Based Logistics and sustainment support provided by SAIC to the US Air Force. SAIC provides logistics support and sustainment tasks necessary to repair, sustain and maintain operationally fielded Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) or Electronic Security Systems (ESS) at fixed installations throughout the U.S. SAIC will maintain and sustain fielded IDS systems/equipment/software identified on the FPS2 Equipment List (FPS2 EL) and A7S NonNuclear Approved Equipment Letter (AEL). Sustainment scope also includes any associated ancillary equipment installed at the identified bases and approved equipment integrated with approved system annunciators including but not limited to security sensors, access control systems, video surveillance equipment, ground based radars, and other approved Air Force approved IDS equipment and software.
- Provide 24/7/365 maintenance and logistics support associated with IBDSS systems installed at AF installations to include: preventative maintenance, repair/replacement, inventory management, incident response, training and customer support.
- Provide technical expertise to maintain all security systems at designated bases.
- Write detailed Service Reports and track technical problems and logistics issues on the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Provide initial and/or refresher training on equipment for personnel assigned to administrate and/or operate the system.
- Work closely with the site’s Force Protection and Security Forces personnel on all security system issues.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of technical experience in a specific function/technological area related to electronic security systems, and a minimum of 3 years of recent relevant ESS maintenance experience.
- High school diploma.
- Working knowledge of physical and electronic security systems and equipment as well as their installation, test and operation is required.
- Must be able to support multiple site locations and be on call 24/7 to respond to system incidents and restore IDS systems to normal operation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in electronic and electromechanical maintenance practices including the ability to troubleshoot, isolate, remove, replace, test, calibrate repair and document maintenance actions.
- The FSR must be knowledgeable in computer operating systems and networks and IDS or ESS equipment.
- Be able to document and read schematics and related documentation to maintain designated IDS to the latest OEM release or revision of both hardware and software.
- Must be capable of utilizing a web based computerized maintenance management system.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Associates degree in electrical maintenance or engineering.
- Certifications or experience working with Vindicator annunciator systems.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jun 25, 2012, 7:14:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ANDREWS AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 11 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...