Field Service Representative (Job Number: 320471)
The Intelligence Systems Business Unit of SAIC is looking for a Field Service Representative for Ft. Bragg, NC. The Distributed Common Ground System-Army (DCGS-A) Field Service Representative (FSR) serves as a member of a globally distributed team that fields, repairs, integrates, and maintains client and server systems for the DCGS-A Programs. DCGS-A systems are a diverse mix of software and hardware solutions designed to meet challenging intelligence processing, exploitation, and dissemination requirements for the Army at war. DCGS-A features unique data scalability requirements and allows for a flexible system evolution.
- Engineers working on the program are required to solve hardware and software challenges across three different fielded hardware and software baselines.
- The engineer will identify server and client hardware and software faults, create solutions, and then test solutions in often demanding field environments with no remote support.
- Once the engineer implements the solution, they will provide the customer operator level system maintenance training.
- With three different hardware and software baselines currently in the field, the DCGS-A FSE will interact with a wide variety of systems implementations on a single customer site, including Virtualized Machines (VMs) running on a variety of different hardware platforms.
- The successful candidate will have extensive software, hardware, and network troubleshooting experience.
- The candidate will able to install, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows and Linux-based operating systems and software on client and server machines. Candidate will have project engineering experience and familiarity with remote system administration software, networking principles.
- They will also have exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to work independently, with minimum direction; creative problem solver able to quickly devise, test, and implement solutions, and a self-motivated and results-focused mindset is a must.
- Workload Distribution: 60% of time spent solving hardware/software challenges (creating software scripts, integrating the system components, and performing GIS or DBA technical support) 25% of time working through installation procedures 10% of time solving hardware/networking issues 5% of time coordinating and arranging necessary customer support
- This position is based out of Ft. Bragg, NC and may require 6 month deployments to areas directed by the supported customer.
- The candidate will also prepare and deploy client and server systems within the area of operations in order to field new equipment to units.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or Associates degree in Computer Science preferred. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of experience in information technology operations or system repair required.
- Preferred candidates will have IAT level II certification, IAW DoD 8570. Additional technical certification preferred (A+, CCNA, RHCE, MCSA / E, Networks+).
- All applicants must possess a current DOD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Experience with bare metal systems building and preparation.
- Working knowledge of client and server software interaction including web-based application design, support, and integration, JAVA script creation, Oracle Databases, virtual operating systems, and creating and maintaining and intelligence software applications.
- Experience with administration in WAN or LAN, Linux, Windows Server 2003, VMWare, IIS, and LDAP
- Experience with tactical systems and a network environment is preferred.
- Experience in the DOD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies, with field level experience preferred.
- Feed-pipes and/or data ingestion experience is desired.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 14, 2013, 11:12:52 AM
Primary Location: United States-NC-FORT BRAGG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...