The Field Services Representative will interact with patients, caregivers, medical professionals, insurance companies and internal departments to provide support for the organization’s Sales & Field Operations division. The Field Services Representative will also provide a consistent liaison role between the patient and Pacific Pulmonary Services by completing client home safety evaluations to determine the appropriateness of equipment to be ordered and ensure complete comprehension with written and oral client instruction. Individuals in this role will complete the final order verification process to ensure accuracy before submitting each item for billing; therefore, a keen attention to detail in processing high volumes of work is essential. The Field Services Representative must acquire and maintain a strong applicable knowledge of respiratory products, services and related procedures, as well as the requirements for their assigned locations to respond accurately to customer needs. Field Services Representatives may be assigned any combination of the responsibilities listed below and are required to assist their team in submitting patients’ paperwork for reimbursement and ensure a safe client environment for the use of equipment by educating clients on the use of equipment.
Customer Service Representative
- Effectively communicate with internal and external parties, including patients and insurance companies, via email, fax and phone.
- Confirm patient information from new orders as they arrive in queue; prioritize incoming items according to product type and level of urgency.
- Assist with obtaining all missing items for incomplete orders; redirect as needed.
- Access insurance/payer websites to research guidelines and determine coverage.
- Utilize Electronic Medical Records (EMR) applications to scan, access, catalog and review documents.
- Access knowledge applications and reference tools to research information.
- Represent assigned center locations in responding to a variety of concerns; maintain familiarity with site needs and state-specific documents.
- Escalate urgent or unique concerns to immediate supervisor and provide support where appropriate.
- Accurately reflect status in telephony system.
- Respond to email or notifications to proceed with submitted orders.
- Review orders for accuracy; access internal systems to verify information and ensure documents are available in EMR application.
- Contact patient/caregiver to obtain verbal confirmation of order and inform them of benefits coverage and any amount owed; cancel processing at patient request.
- Submit CPAP orders for payment.
- Confirm payment type and notate account in system; complete appropriate forms for credit card transactions.
- Accept any missing/replacement insurance information via phone and update account.
- Inform patient that center staff will contact them for delivery and setup; create ticket in system.
- Process Revenue rejections and provide missing items; create exception document cases and track through resolution.
- Review prescription and account information and validate documents in EMR.
- Work non-billing patient reports by creating new cases in SalesForce to obtain missing documents and get patients back to billing status.
- Assist walk-in patients and customers as needed.
- Accept incoming shipments and order supplies as needed.
- Deliver set-up and follow-up on equipment in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Instruct the client on the safe/proper use of the equipment being delivered.
- Educate patients on the benefits of oxygen and nebulizer medications.
- Have thorough understanding of all equipment the company provides.
- Complete all paperwork promptly and accurately to support the delivery and billing functions including, but not limited to, Invoice, Customer Information Checklist (CIC), Product Information for Customer form (PIC), Care Plan, Education Checklist, Waiver as needed, obtain signatures and provide copies, etc.
- Perform safety checks and inspections to ensure that equipment is working properly.
- Confirm understanding and compliance with the physician’s order.
- Obtain a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
- Respond to client questions and concerns; refer unanswerable questions to Manager.
- Load equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
- Complete performance and safety checks on equipment prior to delivery.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance is highly desired. Quality assurance experience is helpful.
- Ability to multi-task and complete high volumes of work with an extremely strong attention to detail is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and data entry skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively by phone and email.
- Must exhibit compassion for patients and a sense of urgency in solving problems.
- High school diploma/GED plus 2+ years previous customer service experience in a clerical setting, centralized operations, homecare or other office environment is required. College coursework or specialized training in a business or healthcare-related discipline is preferred.
- Must also hold a valid driver’s license with no moving violation or accidents.
- A Hazardous Material endorsement may be required.
- Lifting and loading of equipment into and out of delivery vehicles and patient homes.
- Minimum physical requirements are the ability lift 52 lbs. squatting and 100 lbs. leveraged.
- A physical examination by a Pacific Pulmonary Services designated doctor will be required to certify that the individual can meet this minimum physical requirement.
- Approximately 45% of the workday will be spent walking/standing and the remainder, sitting.
- Keyboarding is regularly performed 55% of the total time.
- Up to 30% of the day may be spent interacting by phone.
Pacific Pulmonary Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Pacific Pulmonary Services - 9 months ago
Apparel makers reach for Teijin when they need more fiber. Almost a third of the company's sales come from fibers that are used...