Stiles Machinery, Inc., the leading U.S. supplier of industrial woodworking equipment, has an excellent opportunity in our South Central Service Division.
We are seeking a Field Service Representative experienced in the maintenance and repair or high technology, high production machinery for the South Central territory, specifically in the Dallas, TX area. The essential functions of the position are included below:
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Perform duties as directed concerning the contractual obligations for installation, start-up services, and operation instruction, on all equipment represented by the company.
- Report the results of work performed, problems encountered, and customer dissatisfaction in the form of prompt written service reports to the Service Manager and Sales Engineer.
- Make recommendations and corresponding reports to the supervisor for product improvements that effect operation and reliability of our products.
- Maintain good relationships with customers and customer employees, resolve equipment problems and recommend corrective action and troubleshooting approaches.
- Assist in training other Stiles personnel such as other Field Service Representatives, and the customer in the use, operation, adjustments and proper maintenance procedures for our equipment.
- Maintain demonstration equipment and ensure proper operation. Assist in customer presentation and demonstration as requested by the Regional Service Manager.
- Learn the latest installation/maintenance procedures and techniques while assisting vendor technicians and other installers and submit report for review by other Field Service Representatives.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Mechanical, electrical/electronics skills
- Experience with computers, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Experience in the woodworking industry a plus
- Completion of Field Service training program or prior experience in N/C or P/C service/maintenance or maintenance/operation experience on woodworking machinery
- Two years electronic technical school or equivalent experience required, Associates Degree preferred
- MS Office Applications
- Ability to multitask
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Self starter and self reliant
- Excellent problem solving skills
ABOUT STILES MACHINERY INC
- Customer Sites
- Travel by Automobile and/or Airplane
Stiles Machinery Inc. is the world's largest independent distributor of advanced CNC equipment for processing wood panels, solid wood, wood composites, plastic, glass, stone, and other materials. Founded in 1965, Stiles offers a Total Production Solutions approach to manufacturing, from equipment integration and manufacturing consulting to education, service and parts. Large processor or small shop, Stiles Machinery Inc. is the single best source for the tools and the knowledge to be competitive in the market. The way we see it, our business is helping our customers succeed–whether through equipment solutions, new technology or educational opportunities. We are headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with regional office locations in High Point and Gastonia, North Carolina; Coppell, Texas; and Rancho Cucamonga, California
Monster - 18 months ago