Provide support and service to customers in the metal recycling industry by installing and troubleshooting control systems for shredding plants.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS - Candidate will report to the Recycling NA Field Service Manager.
The Technician is responsible for assisting with or completion of all assigned projects and field jobs required.
DUTIES AND TASKS
• Complete assigned projects as to design, specifications, and equipment requirements to meet job requirements.
• Ensure that the equipment, tools, and company property are adequately maintained to provide length of service.
• Responsible for ensuring that all job assignments are completed safely and according to job requirements.
• Properly submits requisitions and parts requests with required information including Technician name, job number, part numbers (when available) and customer name. Submits pull from inventory sheets and return to inventory sheets.
• All parts are accurately logged and billed so not to create a loss to the company.
• Handle phone calls from clients to assist in resolving problems or concerns. Be able to determine need of service trip as to emergency or scheduled service.
• Provide routine on site customer inspection of operational equipment and electrical components. Travel to customer location and perform all work necessary to complete the job. Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing the following at anytime based on customer’s request:
o Industrial equipment controlled by Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) systems.
• Provide emergency on-site service for customers when required.
• Recommend procedures, parts or equipment to provide for the long-term operation of customer equipment.
• Prepares and submits paper work at required times and timely at the completion of each job. This includes weekly project reports, technician billable / non-billable time reports, travel and expense reports, within 24 hours of the completion of the job or as required by the policies of the company.
• Completes any assigned tasks required including research, CAD drawing, engineering, assembly or production of unit to accomplish a job.
• Performs any other duties or responsibilities, which will assist in the department running as efficiently as possible or in which the Field Services Manager of the Company deems appropriate.
• Maintains knowledge in industry advancements and skills sets allowing for individual growth.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
• Required reports are timely submitted.
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze customer problems and remedy situations.
• Consistently shows ability to recognize and deal with priorities.
• All assigned tasks are completed within the specific time requirements.
• Work is completed 95% of the time without rework or customer issues.
• On-site appointments are scheduled to create as little as possible impact on the company.
• Continually increases skills and abilities to provide optimal customer service.
Technicians will be trained on the following equipment:
• Square D
Programmable Logic Controllers
• Allen Bradley
AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Technicians have the authority to ensure the completion of projects or field service as to manufacturer requirements and Metso Recycling.
• Must have a general understanding of electrical and mechanical operations and the ability to make operational decisions or know when to contact the office for further assistance.
• Technicians have the authority to stop any job or project when the issue of safety or un-safe operations is present.
• Have the authority to request appropriate replacement parts or materials required to complete the job.
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: College diploma or Technical school certificate.
Has completed an OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 training class and can exhibit safety practices used in industry.
A minimum of 3-5 years working with Industrial control systems, PLC programming, industrial networks, AC Drives.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities
• Use analytical and observation skills which demonstrate the ability to evaluate a problem and set a course of direction.
• An understanding of motors, Motor Control Centers (MCCs), PLC controlled systems and the various applications to hydraulic and mechanical systems. Ability to use computers and computer programs.
• Candidate must have understanding of electrical and mechanical principals of motors and support equipment used in industry applications. Candidate must be able to read electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints proficiently.
We offer a competitive benefits package and challenging work opportunities.
Metso is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies.
Metso's beyond mezzo when it runs the scale of energy, mining, and paper. The heavy equipment company operates in several segments and...