Field Service Technician - Sugarland, TX
Vivint, Inc. is the largest home automation company in North America. Operating from our field tech offices throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and New Zealand, Vivint services 800,000+ customers. Vivint is dedicated to enhance each customer’s home and family life through simple, intelligent products and services, delivered by people who care. We are currently looking for field service technicians who live in or around Bunker Hill Village, Hunters Creek Village and Spring Valley.
Our Field Service Technicians are responsible for the installation and service of our home automation and security equipment. You will be working inside of our customers’ homes and are responsible for the care of our customers and training them on the proper use of equipment.
Job Expectations for Field Techs in Sugarland, TX:
Job Requirements of Field Technician in Sugarland, TX:
- Exhibit both professional appearance and conduct while providing our customers with a world-class customer experience.
- Work from home, as a field tech, by self-dispatching for on time arrival at daily service calls.
- Service customers in Piney Point Village, Bunker Hill Village, Hunters Creek Village, Spring Valley and surrounding areas.
- Install and service all Vivint authorized equipment in customers’ homes.
- Work safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, prevent damage to property, prevent loss of unused materials, and clean up installation debris.
- Educate customers on system capabilities and technical operations.
- Complete all necessary paperwork.
- Engage our customers through promotion of Vivint’s equipment and services.
- Successfully complete 2-9 weeks of training in the field.
- Be able to demonstrate exceptional organizational skills.
- Must have current, valid driver’s license and very clean driving record.
- Must have reliable, state registered, state inspected and state insured transportation is a necessity for the first 90 days of employment.
- Must participate in of our Vivint Fleet Vehicle Program. With the option of using the Vivint fleet vehicle at the incurrence of a $0.40 per mile ($0.25 per km) personal use fee.
- Submit to a criminal history check and obtain clearance from the state based on the state requirements.
- Must pass a drug test.
- Must remain smoke-free while on site with customers and while operating either Vivint fleet vehicles or property.
- Must be available to work the required shift that will be presented to you prior to being hired.
- Stay standing for extended periods of time.
- Be able to safely maneuver through shallow attics and crawl underneath homes.
- Must have basic knowledge of and ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Previous experience as a construction worker, electrician, or other technician may be helpful.
Vivint, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring—under federal, state and local laws.
- No alarm, tech, construction, or electrician experience necessary, as we offer world-class, in-house training.
- Live within 20 miles of Sugarland, TX.
- High School diploma or equivalent.