Reporting to the District Operations Manager, the individual must be experienced in service and maintenance of gas engines compressor packages and associated equipment for multiple applications.
Position requires strong mechanical abilities with knowledge and experience to perform complex multiple service and maintenance tasks. Must be able to skillfully use a variety of manual, power, and technology tools in the completion of maintenance and service jobs. Ideal candidate would be certified as technician at some level for multiple original equipment. Must be familiar with associated stationary on/ off skid vessels, instruments and controls as they are related to gas processing plants, piping, welds and corrosion behaviors concerning compressor packages. Must have the knowledge to determine the nature of repair or warrantee operations, specifically, what – why – how – when in regards to making adjustments and filing warranty claims.
Position may require limited travel. Individual must be a self-starter and have the ability to provide clear concise daily reports on tasks related to his/her assignment. Must be able to represent Valerus in a professional manner.
Must be a safe worker with strong working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) procedures including; basic OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards, Best Practices and Local and Governmental Regulations pertaining to Domestic local, state, and federal requirements.
Candidate must have a basic understanding of the properties of both natural gas and associated liquids to work safely in hazardous and or toxic environments.
- Able to Calculate and interpret Compressor Performance runs and other OEM Software.
- Provide higher level of preventative and corrective field mechanical service on gas compression, process, and/or production equipment on site at client locations.
- Able to complete troubleshooting and repairing equipment, packages, and systems.
- Provides labor, guidance, and coordination required for immediate repair needs and major equipment overhauls and operation.
- Identifies and addresses equipment, package, and plant inefficiencies/issues.
- Install and perform minor and major overhauls on all equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and maintenance and service on them.
- Provides 24/7 coverage.
- Works occasional overtime and is available for rotational call outs.
- Takes initiative and fulfills duties consistent with company standards, policies, and controllable expense budget.
- Provides input to Supervisor on personnel and materials needs to provide optimal job planning.
- rovides leadership and training to new Field Technicians.
- Assist in equipment Start-up/Commissioning.
- Knowledgeable of Purging and loading practices/procedures.
- Performs the job activities in a manner consistent with the projects goals and objectives.
- Completes proper reports/actions required by the location's operating policies including the completion of Daily Service Reports.
- Stops activities that are unsafe for personnel or the environment when they occur or about to occur.
- Participate fully in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) program.
- Participate in Behavior-Based Safety programs (BBS).
- Report all incidents immediately to supervisor.
- Participate fully in Valerus’ incident reporting and investigation program as well a customer’s incident reporting and investigation program
- Participate fully in site specific Emergency Action Plans.
- Recognizes and complies with Health, Safety and Environmental rules and policies that are applicable to each location.
- Reviewing job parts & supply inventory to minimize investment while maintaining a sufficient level to insure proper job performance.
- Fill in as a Supervisor and/or Lead Field Service Technician when needed.
Special Equipment and Tools Used Requiring Application Knowledge:
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must be able to provide his/her own small hand tools as directed by Operations Management.
- Ability to identify workplace Safety, Health and Environmental hazards and how to eliminate or mitigate such hazards.Basic understanding of Gas & Oil properties, conditions, and theories.
- Basic understanding of Compressor and Production Equipment types, models, and theory of operation.
- Basic understanding of Installation, Assembly, Commissioning, Trouble Shooting and Repair procedures related to gas compressors and production equipment.
- Knowledge of Pressure Ratings, Piping Schedules, Safety Systems rated to installation and commissioning of gas compressors and production equipment.
- Thorough understanding of tooling utilized to install, maintain, and operate Gas Compressors and Production Equipment.
- Construction site Health, Safety and Environmental work practices and procedures.
- Ability to Read/Write/Communicate in English.
- Ability to decipher P&ID's, Blue Prints, Installation Instructions, and Technical Manuals.
- Strong mechanical ability related to Assembly and Disassembly.
- Strong aptitude to Trouble Shoot and Repair malfunctioning equipment.
- Proficient in computer skills necessary to submit detailed reports, documentation and utilize OEM Soft/Firm ware related to commissioning.
- Dial Indicator and Laser Alignment Tools.
- Precision Measurement Tooling.
- Digital Pressure Measurement Tooling.
- Digital volt and ohm meter (DVOM).
- Laptop Computer and related original equipment manufacturer Software and Firmware.
- Hydraulic Torque Tooling.
- Gas Detector, Colorimetric Stain Tubes, Escape, Rescue and Work Air Packs SCBA (as applicable).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the field or certificate of completion from acceptable trade school. NOTE: Related military training and experience in related fields may be acceptable.
- Currently comply with and/or be able to successfully complete Health Safety training; such as, but not limited to:
- ANSI Z390 Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S); including Respiratory Protection Fit Test.
- OPITO (Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization) approved BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training).
- OSHA 30 Hour, PEC (Petroleum Education Council) 24 Hour Core Compliance or equivalent training.
- Medic First Aid/CPR and Blood borne Pathogens.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with the use of proper lifting techniques and procedures.
- Stand, walk, climb, perform overhead work with fall protection, use hands to feel, handle or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms, sit, talk and hear.
- Work 12 hour daily shifts in difficult exposed outdoor environment for extended periods of time.
- Perform duties while using SCBA breathing apparatus in potentially hazardous environments
- At least 20/40 arrested binocular vision, as well as close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Ability to kneel, balance, push, pull, drive, stoop, climb, and crouch.
- Must be able to work as a team member under pressure.
- Perform duties while using respiratory protection such as:
- SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) in potentially hazardous environments
- APR (air purifying respirator) outfitted with cartridge filters used while painting
- Particle masks used while buffing and/or grinding
- Successfully comply to and complete the OSHA required Respiratory Questionnaire process with a Licensed Health Care Provider
- Must pass a Respiratory Protection Fit Test with a Licensed Health Care Provide
- Must be able to conform to customer-required physical and medical standards.
- Psychological capacity to cope in a high pressure work environment and interact effectively with team members.
- Must be able to successfully pass Valerus Pre Employment Screenings and Health Physical.
Valerus - 19 months ago
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...