Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts and service in the world. We have an immediate need for a Field Service Technician to join our team.
The Field Service Technician is a qualified Journeyman Technician who must furnish a complete set of hand tools and have a detailed knowledge of all Cummins engines and Allied Products. This person must be highly skilled in diagnosing and correcting engine problems, checking, testing, repairing and rebuilding engines in the shop and in the field. Must be able to operate all testing equipment and tools; install Cummins engines and Allied Products, both mobile and stationary. As a representative of Cummins Crosspoint a Field Service Technician must be able to interact with customers in an effective, positive and professional manner. Communication, job planning and documentation skills must be excellent. It is necessary that work be done in the field with little or no supervision. The position requires a commitment to personal and worksite safety. This position requires the use of a Company vehicle and may require a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or other specialized license, insurability and DOT driver certification.
This position will be based in the Upper East Tennessee area. A service truck will be provided and based at to be determined location.
• Troubles shoot and perform complete repair job of all model engines and sub-assemblies within the applicable standard repair time allowance.
• Understand and complete various shop paperwork including time reports and work order reports.
• Participate in keeping field service truck and work site clean at all times.
• Properly maintain and interpret various product/service information sources including parts microfiche, service manuals and product support bulletins.
• Successfully complete on a timely basis all required training courses from Cummins Engine Company, Inc. and Cummins Crosspoint, LLC.
• Continually improve upon mechanical ability by home study courses, service parts topics, and other schools offered by the Company.
• Responsible for gaining knowledge of service technician’s responsibilities while working on a warranty job.
• Individual is required to have a clean driving record, which is a DOT regulation.
• Individual must be able to drive a field service truck with GVWR of 11,000 and above.
• Must have valid CDL
The successful applicants will have
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school preferred.
• Possess basic theoretical and practical knowledge required for the repair of all Cummins engines and sub-assemblies.
• Possess complete knowledge of all tools and equipment on the field service truck, and be able to use and make repairs to all tools and equipment.
• Must have basic assortment of hand tools needed to do repairs.
• Complete knowledge of branch and Company operations and policies.
• Ability to use Windows based computer software.
• Ability to drive a forklift.
• Must be able to pass DOT physical without any restrictions.
• Must have the ability to work directly with customers.
What We Offer
We offer excellent benefits for our employees. Benefits include:
• 401k with employer match
• Tuition assistance and training
• Paid vacation/holidays/uniforms
• A competitive wage and much more.
We offer a growth opportunity for those who are willing to learn and develop their skills.
If interested, please click "Apply Now" or “Apply On-line”.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Cummins Crosspoint, LLC participates in E-Verify