Are you a seasoned Field Service Technician with electro-mechanical and gas burner experience? We would like to talk to you about our current openings.
Horizon Bradco is an international presence in the sale and service of equipment within the food service and bakery industry with a 25 year history. Company headquarters are located in Schenectady, New York with offices also in Wilmington, Massachusetts. Our continued growth dictates the need for increased support staff. The company offers a full range of benefits including paid vacation, sick and personal time, a 401K Simple Plan, and health insurance benefits. For a better understanding of the company please visit our website at www.horizonbradco.com.
Field Service Technicians travel from site to site for service and repair of commercial food processing, bakery equipment, as well as other miscellaneous equipment at various food service locations. Field Service Technicians are dispatched from central offices and are responsible for the care of company service vehicles, accurate inventory of parts, clean and neat paperwork, and exceptional on-site customer service. Our field technicians are the first line of contact with many of our customers, and they are a key component in representing our company through expert service, team work, a positive attitude, and a strong desire to help out customers in need. We have a strong family of technicians and support staff throughout the northeast and beyond. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily travel to customer sites to evaluate and repair equipment
- Completing service reports, times sheets, and expense reports, etc.
- Performing periodic preventive maintenance inspections and procedures
- Interviewing store personnel to determine the need of service
- Instructing store personnel in proper operation techniques
- Responding to emergency breakdown calls whenever possible
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule
- High School Diploma, plus Post-Secondary Trade School for electrical, mechanical, and gas or equivalent experience
- Valid Drivers License must be insurable
- Good judgment, reliability, initiative, dependability
- Ability to work on roofs, scaffolds, and ladders at medium height (Approximately 30 ft.)
- Practice the proper use of hand tools, power tools and diagnostic instruments if necessary
- Good verbal, writing, and reading skills including the ability to read, interpret, and apply manufacturer’s instructions
- Good communication skills to comply with store personnel, as well as the ability to prioritize demands, and make adjustments
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and regulations
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and updated resume in a word format.