To provide field technical support for Howden products, striving to be customer focused, fully responsive and successful in meeting the 24/7 technical service needs of customers. Develop a collaborative relationship with the balance of Howden North America [HNA] to establish this area as the “go to” place for technical field service knowledge. Focus on providing valued solutions to customers, utilizing HNA’s services as well as Howden’s products.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION CAN LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Deliverables
Provide technical support during repair and/or installation, at customers’ sites, of Howden’s equipment to ensure standards are met and the integrity of the equipment is maintained.
Ensure safe work practices are followed, reporting all safety incidents and near misses on a timely basis and maintaining the goal of “zero” lost time incidents.
Work to improve HNA’s responsiveness to customers by being available to make sales calls, perform technical walkdowns, and provide solutions to customers that distinguish HNA’s proposals and capabilities.
Complete required reports, including Service Reports, Customer Call Reports, Expense Reports and Time Sheets, on a timely basis in order to provide appropriate follow-up to customers including accurate invoicing for services.
Suggest improvements to processes and procedures in order to improve customer response time and accuracy of all data.
Comply with Department Guidelines and Procedures in order to maintain appropriate standards of service provided to customers.
Maintain proficiencies using vibration analysis and laser alignment equipment for balancing, testing, etc.
Participate in the effort to provide your organization, and when appropriate, the Aftermarket group, balance of HNA, and Sales Reps, with meaningful information, knowledge, and tools in order to support the customer.
Generate sales leads from customers who could benefit from additional support in order to improve solutions provided, improve relationships, and grow the installed base of HNA Aftermarket.
Continually gather critical site information about Howden installed base, collect information for the Customer Relationship Management [CRM] system and provide information to Sales for additional opportunities; and improve global visibility of HNA Aftermarket in the CRM system.
Maintain close working relationships with customers in order to understand the competitive marketplace and suggest plans / programs to leverage that knowledge to offer not only additional or improved services, but also additional products for the benefit of customers and HNA.
Support in-house manufacturing, when needed, by being available to supplement existing personnel to meet customer needs during peak periods.
Key Performance Indicators
Service Performance KPI’s (to be developed)
Sales support KPI’s (to be developed)
Growth of customer base year on year
Experience, Competencies and Education
- 3 years of relevant technical background including millwright, maintenance, engineering, and/or field service experience.
- A solid understanding of the product/service offerings and customer base.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with customers, employees and Sales Reps.
- High moral and ethical standards; integrity is continuously apparent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Comfortable navigating the internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills – active listener, clear and concise communicator (both oral and written); proven collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable and effective working in the “virtual world”
- Experience with servicing highly engineered equipment and products.
- Some technical schooling, classwork toward a degree in a technical area.
- Background evidencing positions with increasing responsibility and leadership.
- Experience specifying replacement parts for highly engineered equipment and products.
- Experience in industrial sales or technical selling.
- Troubleshoot vibration, system and aerodynamic problems in equipment.
Primary Customer/Supplier Relationships
- Sales Rep Network
- Sales Organization
Environmental Working Conditions
- Computer Use
- Bending, stooping, twisting
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- There is the probability of long hours while working in the field
- Up to 80% travel to locations mostly in North America; with possibility of international travel.
Howden - 15 months ago