L.A. Fitness, America's premier fitness and sports club chain, has an immediate opening for a Fitness Equipment Service Technician for the Northern NJ region . As a leader in the health and fitness industry for over 20 years, we are looking to fill this position as we continue our rapid growth across the nation. If you are interested in working in a healthy and happy environment for a company, we have the career opportunity for you. Qualified applicants should have service experience troubleshooting electrical, electromechanical and mechanical systems. Experience with Fitness Equipment is preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Visit assigned clubs according to weekly schedule. Act on open service issues identified by club personnel. Perform walk-through equipment inspection and repair any equipment found faulty. Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with Company procedures.
Using our Equipment Maintenance computer program, report service work performed, and place orders for parts needed for equipment repairs as applicable.
Coordinate with Service Coordinator to expedite parts not received within expected timeframe. Report any shipment errors or material damaged upon receipt to the Service Coordinator.
Communicate clearly and cooperatively with club personnel with respect to condition of equipment, repairs completed, outstanding issues, etc.
Manage parts inventory in assigned service van.
Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times, despite the “unclean” nature of some repair work.
Exercise safe equipment repair practices and safe driving habits at all times.
If you are interested and qualified for this job, please email your resume along with your salary requirements to Harry Zimmerman at email@example.com .
- Broad technical ability, including ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, electromechanical and mechanical systems. Fitness equipment experience a plus.
- Absolute reliability and honesty: Able to work independently and as a valued teammate while performing complete and effective equipment repairs to ensure safety for, and minimize inconvenience to, LA Fitness club members and staff. Safeguard Company property.
- Strong communications skills and a positive attitude.
- G ood computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Flexibility and ability to perform under abruptly changing priorities when necessary.
- Valid Drivers’ License with clean DMV record (will be verified by LA Fitness’ insurance underwriters).
- L egal right to work in the U.S.
- Must have own mechanics tools. Some specialty tools provided.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs., bend frequently.
For more information about our company, please visit us at www.lafitness.com
L.A. Fitness is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of having a diverse workforce. We seek and encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, ethnicity, or other cultural or physical characteristics.
Monster - 2 years ago
Founded in 1984, LA Fitness is one of the fastest growing sports club chains in the United States and presently has over 340 locations in 22...