Medical Device Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician, Medical Instruments / Medical Device Service Technician
We are seeking an experienced Field Service Technician who can install, troubleshoot, service and maintain our medical hemostasis instrumentation in hospitals and laboratories .
This position is for a highly detail-oriented technician that likes people, loves to travel, is good at explaining how things work, and feels good knowing the work they do helps save people’s lives.
We offer an attractive salary, commensurate with experience, as well as a benefit package that includes health and life insurance and a matching 401K plan.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and organized Field Service Technician.
We are TEM Systems Inc., the US subsidiary of TEM International, the German developer and manufacturer of the ROTEM hemostasis analyzer. The ROTEM analyzer provides a surgical team with rapid and complete information on a patient’s hemostasis condition, to guide any necessary transfusions and/or other required therapy. Since its introduction in 2003, more than 1400 ROTEM analyzers have been placed into clinical use in more than 50 countries around the world. In 2010, our company received FDA clearance and we are now rapidly expanding our presence in the US market.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
Requirements To Be Considered:
- Install ROTEM technology and provide technical guidance to customers who have purchased ROTEM technology
- Development of adequate and timely practices, insuring customers’ service and technical needs are met
- Building relationships with key clinical and technical contacts.
- Troubleshooting (by phone) of technical issues related to ROTEM instruments and supporting hardware and software
- Support the clinical team by effectively communicating the technical resolutions of reported problems
- Provide ongoing technical updates and training to a growing staff and to the clinical team
All responses to this opening will be held in the strictest confidence.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but will consider candidates with an Associate’s Degree or Military Training with a technology discipline.
- 2 - 5 years previous experience as a Field Service Technician preferably in medical devices or lab equipment.
- Excellent electro/mechanical, software and technical problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, networks and internet protocols.
- Knowledge of quality standards used to insure instruments optimal performance before, during and after sales.
- An understanding of hospital environments as pertains to technical support of medical devices.
- Upbeat and outgoing personality with an eagerness to provide outstanding customer service.
- Willingness to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 70% of the time.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Excel, Windows and Linux based software.
- Familiarity with CRM software and documentation of service activities.
- Ability and willingness to strictly adhere to FDA requirements and corporate documentation standards.
Monster - 2 years ago