TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time field technician to join our E-ZPass system maintenance team in Cheswick, PA.
Performs on-site servicing, repair and/or installation of electronic toll collection equipment installed throughout the western region of the Turnpike. This job may include any aspect of field support including: troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment, systems, and wiring; installation of equipment; upgrades, modifications, programming; preventive maintenance actions; documentation. Service area consists of all toll plazas along the Turnpike mainline (New Stanton to AKH Expressway). Work hours consist of an alternating schedule on a rotating basis with other technicians to ensure 24/7 availability for system support, including night and weekend shifts as necessary (differential pay available). A company vehicle is provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of toll collection equipment to include in-lane load cells, loop detectors, lane controllers (servers & PC hardware), automatic multi-mode machines, power supplies, video surveillance equipment, network components (routers, switches, cabling)
- Completes reports, logs and performs shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
- Responds to corrective maintenance requests or alarms within an acceptable time frame
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues
- Reports technical status of system with accuracy and completeness.
- Maintenance of spare equipment and parts including inventory management.
- Module or PC Board swap out
- Isolation of faults in units or components
- Field test of units or components
- Electronic filing of work orders
- High School or GED minimum, Certificate program or Associates in electronics/electrical engineering preferred
- Prior working experience in electronics maintenance or field repair a plus
- Solid soldering skills
- Fundamental electrical/mechanical knowledge
- Ability to diagnose system problems using a volt meter
- Ability to bend, squat, crawl, reach and maneuver in tight spaces both underground and above ground via bucket truck
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds occasionally
- Good writing, communication, mechanical, and computer skills
- Must maintain PA drivers license in good standing as verified by TransCore
- Driving record must be free of DUI/DWI for three-year period prior to employment
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...