TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Field Service Technician to join our team in Tampa, Florida.
Job Summary: This position performs on-site or in-house servicing, repair and/or installation of customer equipment. This job may include any aspect of field support including: troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment, systems, and wiring; installation of equipment; upgrades, modifications, programming; preventive maintenance actions; documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education : High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Vocational training in industrial electricity is preferred.
- Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment to include PC based computers, video surveillance equipment, network communications equipment, and/or radio equipment.
- Completes reports, logs and performs shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
- Responds to corrective maintenance requests or alarms within an acceptable time frame.
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues
- Reports the technical status of the system with accuracy and completeness.
- Restores equipment to operational status as quickly as possible.
- Module or PC Board swap out
- Isolation of faults in units or components
- Field test of units or components
- Maintenance of spare equipment and parts following guidelines set forth to do so
- PC literate
- Troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with electronic toll devices
- Customer service
TransCore - 11 months ago
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...