Vykin Corporation is currently looking for an experienced active in scope TS/SCI cleared Field Service Technician to join our team in Miami, Florida. We are a small defense contracting company that is veteran owned servicing the US Department of Defense. The successful candidate will receive above average wages, medical, and vacation plans as well as the opportunity to join a small company that still believes that every employee counts.
- Provides Tier I and II support at remote field and garrison sites.
- Perform server and desktop installation and basic cabling.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks.
- Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Responsible for running an entire remote site by themselves with demanding customers in austere or garrison locations.
- Required to load cryptographic keys and perform troubleshooting on many types of hardware and software.
- Minimum of four years of relevant technical experience in the administration of networked desktop and server systems.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in a related field (4 years experience will substitute for Bachelor's degree.)
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must hold an active and in-scope TS/SCI clearance.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The work location is a government facility located on a military installation in Miami, Florida supporting a DoD customer. The successful applicant will be working for and reporting directly to the prime contractor or the DoD customer as appropriate. The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
Vykin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).