Kenneth N. Kinsley founded Kinsley Power Systems in 1964. The company began as a construction supply house serving the Western Massachusetts and Connecticut construction industry. Over the years, the company has grown into a full service, emergency and prime power systems provider. Kinsley Power now solves customers energy needs throughout the northeast, and has developed a reputation for integrity and professionalism. One of our goals is to set the standard for power systems performance & service.
Central to that goal is providing quality products and employing the best personnel in the business. Kinsley Power has been a distributor for Kohler Power Systems is one of the most respected names in power systems for over 40 years. KPS associates are knowledgeable and dedicated to excellence in their respective fields. Whether it's coming up with a creative solution to an engineering problem or providing customer service that exceeds expectations, Kinsley Power associates demonstrate pride and care.
**Candidates must be within 20 minutes from the bridge**
This position reports to the Field Service Supervisor and Operations Manager, responsible for completing preventive maintenance, repairs and service on standby power generation equipment. Due to the nature of the service business, Generator Field Service Technicians must reside within 25 miles of the general geographical areas noted above, or be willing to relocate at his/her own expense.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Minimum Education, Qualifications, Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Off site engine repairs on industrial and residential power generation equipment
- Engine and electrical diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Generator start-ups
- Preventative maintenance of power generation equipment, including but not limited to oil and filter changes and part replacement
- Safe operation and proper maintenance of company vehicle
- Respond to 24 hour emergency calls for repairs and service
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, including maintaining good housekeeping and adhering to all safety policies, including but not limited to NFPA 70E, lock out/tag out, proper PPE utilization and safe driver practices.
- Adhere to all Federal, State, Local and Company policies, including but not limited to OSHA and Department of Transportation (D.O.T) regulations
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: Essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position, but are not intended to be comprehensive. Ordering of essential functions does not necessarily reflect importance of item.
- Two or more years of previous hands-on service experience working on 8.5kW – 2,500kW generators; candidates with limited electrical experience, but with strong engine experience, will be considered.
- Posses an OSHA 10 Certification or have the ability to attain one.
- Posses and maintain a current, valid state driver’s license with a current DOT medical card as required for towing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and on call hours as required
- Ability to work in a productive manner in all types of weather and environments (rural and urban).
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must also be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must possess integrity, a strong sense of urgency and drive for success.
- Posses a strong customer services focus with good verbal communication skills.
ZipRecruiter - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Kinsley Power Systems is a power solutions company that serves customers throughout the northeast. We sell and rent both temporary and...