Primary role is to support and maintain BH’s internal users and infrastructure. Provide application, network, operating system and hardware support to end-users on a variety of issues; respond to telephone calls, email and personal requests for technical support. Document, track and monitor issues to ensure timely resolution.
Primary responsibilities are inclusive of but not limited to:
• Assist employees with technical problems and requests through troubleshooting, resolution and escalation if required.
• Assist with the day-to-day maintenance of BH’s PCs
• Perform installation, move, configuration and upgrade tasks
• Monitor and troubleshoot hardware, software, mobile device, telecom and networking problems as they occur
• Responsible for all aspects of the security and health of our network and hardware including but not limited to: antivirus protection, patch management, data encryption, etc.
• Manage helpdesk requests
• Asset management / license management
• User administration
• Assist department manager in on-going assessment and upgrading of PCs; may research and evaluate hardware and software
• Keep informed of most recent trends and technologies
• Perform advanced hardware repair procedures on desktop and laptop computers
• Contribute to and help maintain up-to-date technical, policy and procedure documentation
• Perform training to staff and customers on various technology topics, including hardware configurations, process, database maintenance and applications
• Provide off hours support
• Provide customer-focused, quality service
• Participate in architecture assessments
• Capacity planning
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Certification or equivalent may be substituted for a BA degree.
Experience in health care field helpful, but not required.
Industry certifications preferred.
As New Jersey’s largest integrated healthcare delivery system, we strive to exceed the expectations of our patients and our employees. Barnabas Health treats over 2 million patients annually;
Barnabas Health includes more than 19,600 employees (second largest employer in the state), 4,650 physicians (one-fourth of the state's actively practicing physicians) and 443 residents.
- 225,000 inpatients and same day surgery patients
- 451,000 Emergency Department patients
- 1.5 million outpatients each year
- 17,000 babies delivered
Throughout Barnabas Health, our dedicated physicians, nurses and health professionals are committed to providing the highest quality of patient care and health education to the community and the region.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- 401 (k) savings plan
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending plans
Barnabas Health - 21 months ago