ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In 2012, FORTUNE magazine again recognized ARAMARK on its list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” ARAMARK has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. Also in 2012, ARAMARK was honored as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, www.aramark.com , or www.twitter.com/aramarknews .
The Field Services Biomedical Equipment Technician will help to maintain clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and the ARAMARK Healthcare Technologies Program. Performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of biomedical equipment with minimal supervision.
This position will travel the United States to support special projects, start up accounts and temporary assignments. The Field Services Biomedical Equipment Technician must be able to travel up to 100% of the time .
- Conducts departmental rounds, and demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Conducts cross-training in the techniques of testing, calibrating, operating and troubleshooting biomedical systems for less experienced BMET’s.
- Communicates routinely with supervisory personnel on the status of equipment repair and maintenance activities along with immediately reporting all patient/equipment operator safety issues.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with current policies and procedures, including equipment inspection, repairs and planned maintenance.
- Installs, repairs and calibrates most classes of clinical equipment.
- Performs planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies.
- Assists with the administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, PM and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records.
- Uses office automation hardware, software and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Orders parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of medical equipment.
- Helps maintain technical literature library.
- Completes assigned work in a timely manner.
- Works under minimal supervision; generally organizes and prioritizes workload.
- Supervises and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors.
- Inspects incoming equipment for compliance with codes, standards and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Assists in the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Performs duties assigned by Supervisor in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulatory agencies, and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment.
- Provides input for service delivery on equipment supported.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required by management, as outlined in current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and concern for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- AAS Degree in Biomedical Technology or equivalent in Military or experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Proficient in all skills required for a BMET I.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required).
ARAMARK - 16 months ago