You are not an average Field Services Engineer…satisfied
with the status quo and same weekly staff meetings. You
love to travel and thrive in situations where you are
the key in making complex system deployments successful.
Client interaction is no problem as you have a
communication style that relates well to both commercial
and government clients.
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) is not your average
“run of the mill” technology company. With the global
landscape constantly evolving, our company stands out as
an innovator in the facial recognition arena. We can do
what no other company does….combine precision 3d image
processing with biometrics. On top of that, our
technology works on the move….uninhibited by minor
obstacles such as aviator shades and baseball caps.
Together, we can invent, design, and supply solutions to
the commercial industry and government. Yes, it can get
chaotic and high pressured at times with competing
priorities; however, the rewards make it all worthwhile!
Imagine, being a part of a dynamic team who are subject
matter experts, as well as problem solving experts. Not
a SME yet? The potential is here at DSC to become one….
A Field Services Engineer (FSE) becomes a product
expert, so a sharp mind and a technical background is a
must! The FSE completes the installation of DSC’s unique
systems into client sites from start to finish. This
includes responsibility for the start-up, check-out and
any troubleshooting required to put the systems into
optimal operation. Once the system is installed and
operational, you will give clear and concise
presentations to clients on the operations and
maintenance training of DSC products and solutions. As a
FSE, you will assist with site preparation requirements,
prepare install locations, as well as install, support
and maintain DSC systems in the field. The FSE is also
responsible for providing feedback, lessons learned, and
design modification recommendations to headquarter-based
Product Management, Engineering and Manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become system expert on all DSC products and
- Installation of equipment into customer sites
(domestic and international)
- In-field troubleshooting/root cause analysis
- Provide total system preventive and corrective
maintenance coverage to the end users
- Provide technical support independently in most
- Isolate system computer/network issues, repair and
restore computer hardware and servers
- Load software and validate system operations
- Present (written and verbal) technical findings and
justification for recommended hardware/software
changes to assist Engineering with the following:
- Testing, troubleshooting and system optimization
- Assist in developing technical documentation
for the operation and control of systems
- Process controls and controller software
functional requirement development
- Accurately document all tasks and
troubleshooting activities as they are performed
· A BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Science or related subject and minimum of 5 years
related field engineering support experience. Experience
can be substituted for the Technical Degree.
· Computer skills: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Windows Server environment
- Ability to travel at least 25% and up to 75% of the
· Fluency with, and the ability to troubleshoot, various
operator interface devices and programming, networks and
· Experience working in a fast paced, constantly
expanding and changing environment
· Must be willing to work extra hours as needed to meet
· Good organization, multi-tasking, communication, time
management and documentation skills
· 3-5 years related field service experience with
electro-optic, camera or biometric systems
· Experience with use of tools, power equipment and test
instruments (ie. volt meters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings,
electrical schematics, fabrication and assembly
· Background in the US Military
· Frequently required to use office equipment such as
PC, copier, fax, telephone, etc.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision and use of computer monitor screens.
- Ability to reach within hands and arms length, climb
or balance, reach overhead, and crouch.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50
- Manual dexterity required to regularly work with
small hand tools.
- Ability to work in hot/cold environments
- Individual’s primary workstation is located at the
- This position requires an individual who is flexible
and capable of dealing with sudden changes (i. e.
flight delays, clients schedule etc. ).
Digital Signal Corporation is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a friendly,
business environment with a competitive salary and
benefits package. All job offers are contingent upon
successful completion of background and reference