Field Services Engineer
Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
The Field Services Engineer position will be located in the Eatontown, NJ area and will be primarily responsible for serving our customers at their facilities. The Field Services Engineer will work with both the Spirent Global Services and Sales team located in New Jersey to support both the post-sales implementation and deployment of Spirent solutions. All candidates must have Wireless experience in CDMA and/or LTE. This engineer must be self-driven, comfortable with multi-tasking, able to effectively set customer expectations, complete tasks and perform quality work under the pressure of tight customer timelines. We seek people who are comfortable in face-to-face situations with customers and can also help identify sales opportunities/leads and bring them to sales for follow-up. This person will focus on customers in the Northern and Central New Jersey area, but can expect to travel and work within support windows driven by the customer.
• Deliver onsite technical service and support for customers
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and debug wireless test equipment and device under test
• Set up Spirent equipment at customer location
• Provide customer training on the use of Spirent equipment
• Promotes and educates customers on Spirent support processes
• Keeps stakeholders (e.g. sales, customer, technical peers, and management) informed of actions, and progress on technical product issues
• Respond to customer inquiries via telephone, online networks and email
• Communicate with Spirent product teams regarding bugs and proactively conduct follow-ups to ensure fixes are received and tested by customers
• Process and maintain pertinent information within our support CRM systems
• Candidates must demonstrate a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience and/or training in the wireless industry (CDMA, WCDMA, UMTS, LTE and/or GSM); or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous experience testing mobile wireless devices (smart phones, data cards, netbooks, cell phones, etc)
• Moderate software/scripting development experience (preferably in a test and measurement environment)
• Must be able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong work ethic and ability to work well in a team environment required
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Local travel is required, willingness to travel outside the local area up to 20% of time
Spirent Communications - 17 months ago