Expected Job Duties
Act as a member of the Field Services Team in the Desktop Services Group (IDS) of the Information Technology Services Department. Responsibilities include computer imaging, moves & pickups as well as system set-ups, installations, and hardware/software diagnostics to best support our customers and resolve any computer related issues. Communicate in both written and verbal form with all levels staff to give information about status of their issues.
- Research, analyze, diagnose and resolve issues with customer systems including computer hardware & software, peripheral equipment, and networks using documented processes and best practices. Perform computer imaging including software & hardware validation and pre-delivery testing. Provide on-site services including incident response, delivery and system set-up of new & repaired as well as installation of additional hardware. Able to work on m ultiple operating systems.
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication skills including documentation as appropriate (e.g. ticket documentation; email; imaging test results; process improvement). Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned (e.g. Help Desk support, conference facility set-up, project work).
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field or at least 5 years of recent IT related work experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for users. Ability to independently resolve widely varying complex problems using current job knowledge and using research and external resources.
- Hardware, Operating System and networking experience. Operating System (OS) experience to include Windows and Mac OS.
- Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Must have a Secret Clearance or the ability to receive.
Monster - 10 months ago