Our client is a privately held family owned and operated business that has experienced aggressive growth throughout almost 20 year history. Their workforce of 600 employees provides professional field services to customers across Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Florida and Tennessee. |
This opening is for a Field Office Manager in Birmingham, AL
Expectations and duties include, but are not limited to: managing a technician team and supporting office support personnel, staffing, scheduling, team performance, quality of service, employee safety, tech and staff development, fleet, inventory, addressing/documenting performance or behavior issues and recognition opportunities, working in the spirit of harmony between branch office and corporate headquarters staff, handling customer communications/concerns, assisting technicians in the field, and working a flexible schedule that will include weekends and some holidays.
Ideal candidates with previous experiences managing service technicians in industries such as broadband, satellite, cable, heating/air, pest control or any other type of installation, service, maintenance, or repair industry involving service technicians working away from their home base, performing work in/at a customer's home or business. Since the company is first and foremost a Customer Service industry, candidates with extensive management experience in large organizations and Fortune 500 companies are also encouraged to apply.
A minimum 5-7 years of supervisory/management experience is preferred OR experience managing technicians, construction personnel or similar types of service, repair, installation or maintenance teams. A proven (and verifiable) track record of holding a field force and/or team members accountable for meeting performance metrics is also required.
This position also requires the ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks/projects; be schedule flexible for the needs of the business; have excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation); able to demonstrate effective computer skills (Microsoft Office).
Symmetria Resource Solutions is not about just filling hundreds of jobs with people who have college degrees. We are about achieving a balanced organization based on matching the right skilled professional that will contribute to organizations successfully reaching their goals. Symmetria is designed to offer strategic partnerships with a strong commitment to partnering with clients and candidates. Our goal is to create a unique balance according to new norms, best practices, and economic conditions.
Must haves Attributes:
· College education (Bachelors or higher)
· Business acumen
· Track record for delivering results (Operational results, developing others, retaining high performers, creating a positive, trusting work environment, safety)
· Capable of creating an environment of support and accountability
· Previous leadership and management experience (manager of manager or general manager level) (esp. managing within field services and/or remote employees)
· Intelligent, effective communicator, works well with others, treats people the right way, strong customer service orientation
· Track-record of building and working in a team atmosphere.
· Experience in all facets of field operations leadership and management.
· History of successfully developing and coaching direct reports.
· Transferable management skills.
· Ability to interact and communicate effectively with technicians, Corporate Headquarters support staff, and valued customers.
Required Work Experience:
· Planning, directing, and coordinating the activities of an office, department or team (General management and supervisory experience).
· Supervising multiple direct reports
· Managing managers or first-level supervisors
· Managing different types of employees simultaneously (e.g., first level supervisors, individual contributors, service professionals, production)
· Developing successful employees
· Reviewing employee performance
· Assigning specific work duties to direct reports