Perform installation of service to XO customers and the repair of existing customer service. Perform general maintenance, upgrades and preventive maintenance on customer equipment and associated central office/co-location equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install, maintain, repair and test unbundled circuits (DS0s, DS1s, etc.).
• Install, maintain, and repair XO customer premise equipment (channel banks, routers, DSL modems, IADs, Optical/SONET transport and perform/troubleshoot inside wiring.)
• Install, maintain, repair and test all network equipment and elements at all field service locations, to include DS0,DS1,VoIP, DS3 Ethernet level test equipment at all field service locations equipment.
• Interface with external customers and other key technical contacts both inside and outside of XO in a professional, quality manner.
• Demonstrate safe/responsible work habits to ensure proper vehicle operation and a safe workplace environment.
• Document and configure IP, routers, and CPE equipment.
• Train Field Service Technician I's in all aspects of their job as requested.
Education: High School Diploma required. Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Licensures: Must have a valid driver’s license.
Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 years relative work experience required. Central Office or Outside Plant experience a plus.
Supervise Staff? No
If yes, please provide list of titles and count.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Computer Skills Required? Yes
• MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• WFM; SCRIBE
• NT/XP Workstation
Other Job Specific Skills
• Understanding of and compliance with systems such as WFM, TBS, Remedy, CER/Nitrox/Inventory, SCRIBE, and the ability to log into and configure/provision Optical/SONET systems preferred. Oracle preferred.
• Demonstrated technical documentation skills
• Proven customer service skills and experience. Must be able to interact and interface with customers, service techs, and other professionals. Must have the ability to articulate and convey situations and information in a professional and logical manner.
• Excellent communication skills
XO Communications - 11 months ago
XO Holdings gets down to the Xs and Os of business telecom services. Through its operational subsidiary XO Communications, the holding...