NEP, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is the #1 provider of total broadcast solutions in the growing live sports and entertainment markets throughout the U.S. and U.K. The Company designs and delivers customized, mission-critical mobile broadcast services to its clients through superior engineering expertise, innovative technologies and state-of-the-art equipment that is the largest and most diverse in the industry. NEP’s experienced team of engineering professionals and its relentless dedication to its clients’ success have resulted in longstanding relationships with many of the world’s largest and most influential television networks, production companies and live event organizers.
Founded in 1986, NEP pioneered the evolution of the live broadcast industry by recognizing the value it could provide to clients by providing a greater level of engineering expertise and service than could be provided in-house. Since its inception, NEP has developed a unique, complementary set of capabilities by leveraging its talented professionals, developing in-house technologies and solutions and executing strategic acquisitions. NEP’s unparalleled engineering expertise, service and scale have positioned the Company as the only provider capable of delivering the required level of service for some of the highest profile live sports and entertainment events. NEP also provides production services and control room functions for entertainment events and unscripted broadcast programs such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno . With a track record of consistently delivering the highest quality of service, NEP is regarded as the industry’s ‘gold standard’. NEP’s blue-chip client list includes all of the major U.S. networks and cable channels, Sky Broadcasting in the U.K., as well as entertainment programs such as The Daily Show and Conan O’Brien .
NEP has a winning culture that aligns the team around a common purpose focused on achieving client satisfaction, employee satisfaction and financial growth. This purpose is supported by strong company values centered on delivering superior service.
The purpose of this position is to compile equipment load lists for all NEP mobile units, perform inventory on all equipment and gear and to participate in and support all shop activities as needed.
· Facilitate the shipping and receiving of products and gear by helping to load and unload trucks.
· Compile and scan complete load list for events by picking, packing and shipping all necessary equipment.
· Develop a complete understanding of the equipment database and scanning procedures.
· Control equipment inventory by utilizing all available databases (BEST, etc) and assist with bar coding process.
· Properly store and move equipment as needed.
· Assist in maintaining an organized and clean field shop.
· Prepare equipment for loading and perform off loading for NEP mobile units (if applicable).
· Interface with multiple departments within NEP and provide a professional level of support when needed.
· Maintain a high level of teamwork within the Field Shop in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
· Work with supervisor and other shop technicians to carry out proper shop maintenance.
· Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of generator equipment.
· Check in packages and move equipment to appropriate locations within the shop.
· Maintain a clean and organized shop environment and assist in other shop activities as needed.
· Assist with generators and power distribution package building as needed.
· Provide transportation of equipment for maintenance/repair to local off-site locations.
· Represent the company to clients in a courteous and professional manner.
· Assist in other Field Shop activities as needed.
· Other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma, Technical Degree preferred, however a combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Some experience in a shop environment desirable.
· Must be w illing and able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs., and be willing to seek assistance for anything over 50 lbs. (should not seek to do over 50 lbs. without assistance).
· Excellent organization and communication skills are essential.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Must be able to work in a team environment.
· Experience Microsoft operating systems and applications a plus.