Job Title: Field Sourcing & Diversity Specialist
Job ID: 03469
Division : Human Resources
Work Location(s): United States-Washington-Issaquah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This job will be located in our State Sales office located in Issaquah, WA.
A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving history is preferred;
Selected candidates must have the ability to travel to various locations and attend events within the state of WA on a regular basis, and the travel requirement will up to 50%.
The Field Sourcing & Diversity Specialist is responsible for developing and fostering consultative relationships with field management to coach and provide sourcing, screening and selection services for field related positions. Partners with sales management to develop and implement sales state specific strategies to create strong and diverse agent candidate pools. Develops relationships within the communities they serve and participates in outreach activities to positively represent American Family.
- Sourcing (30%)
- Understands hiring needs, position specifications and search requirements.
- Identifies and contacts individuals with required skills sets using a variety of tools and methods including: internet sourcing/advertising, magazine and newspaper advertising, diversity initiatives, employee referral campaigns, direct sourcing, job fairs and third party recruiters.
- Positively and consistently promotes American Family through a variety of mediums.
- Identifies and tracks performance of sourcing resources and strategies and shares best-practice information within the unit.
- Communicates with potential candidates and centers of influence on a regular basis to maintain candidate interest in American Family.
- Researches and analyzes geographical and demographic trends specific to each operating territory. Makes recommendations and adjusts strategies based on those trends.
- Manages a budget of dollars to be utilized for local recruiting and ensures the funds are allocated to the most beneficial programs.
- Relationship Building (25%)
- Develops trust and credibility with sales management. Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Engages in timely and appropriate communications with field management and candidates. Adjusts work schedule as necessary to accommodate business needs of customers and candidates.
- Develops and manages relationships with vendors, colleges, community-based organizations and other external parties to build a high quality and diverse candidate pool.
- Ensures that candidates have a positive experience during the American Family recruitment and selection process.
- Provides back-up support to colleagues within the individual department and across all territories.
- Provides feedback and coaching, as requested, to candidates regarding career opportunities.
- Develops consultative relationships with sales managers in providing coaching and guidance throughout the recruitment process.
- Recruitment / Candidate Management (20%)
- Partners with external resources and vendors to ensure streamlined processes are in place to provide high levels of customer service to field management.
- Implements staffing strategies to provide qualified and diverse candidate pools.
- Utilizes an applicant tracking system in compliance with staffing and legal requirements to support the recruitment process.
- Interviews, evaluates, and recommends applicants for field related positions.
- Participates in educational opportunities and networks with industry peers to identify and maintain strong awareness of recruitment best practices.
- Diversity / Community Outreach (10%)
- Actively recruits independent sales agents through diverse/community networks.
- Projects a positive image to represent American Family.
- Supports the company's diversity objectives and actively promotes and advises sales management of these objectives.
- Participates in activities which support school and community outreach (e.g., mock interviews, job fairs, committee involvement).
- Networks with and develops productive working relationships with community organizations that can help with the recruitment of a diverse workforce.
- Project & Special Assignment involvement (10%)
- Leads or supports special projects and initiatives such as selection and implementation of recruitment tools and technologies, process improvement efforts, contract negotiation, etc.
- Leads or participates in divisional and cross-divisional committees.
- Legal Knowledge and Accountability (5%)
- Understands and applies employment law, particularly in the area of recruitment.
- Ensures that the hiring process complies with Company policies and procedures and with employment laws and regulations.
- Stays current with employment law by attending seminars, programs, and training sessions.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Relationship Building
- Technical Expertise
- Valuing Inclusion & Diversity
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining positive relationships, including communication and servicing customers.
- Demonstrated experience planning and monitoring programs and projects.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing and organizing work with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience using effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with PC software applications (Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer).
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 2 years ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...