Construction Protective Services
Gardena, CA. 90248
If you are interested in applying, please follow the link: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH07/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CPS&cws=3&rid=1218
The Field Supervisor is a front line quality assurance position responsible for facilitating the success of security officers in delivering excellent customer service. Primary duties include the active supervision and on the job quality of life support of hourly and trailer security officers including professional conduct, on the job training, safe and supportive working environments, and emergency scheduling, conducting site surveys and officer inspections. Ensures a high level of customer service is provided and maintained through regular client contact. Ensures branch profitability through contract compliance, efficient use of resources and fostering safe work habits.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (limited description)
- Directly supervises security officers. Motivates and ensures that subordinates deliver high quality service and are punctual, alert, comprehend and follow post orders, and display professional appearance and conduct.
- Conducts unannounced post inspections to investigate complaints, ensure proper attendance, appearance, report keeping and vehicle operation. Verifies assigned duties and rules of conduct are being followed. Evaluates service quality, reinforces good performance and initiates progressive corrective action including retraining and progressive discipline in a timely manner. Refers problematic issues to branch management and makes effective recommendations. May immediately suspend a subordinate from duty for reasonable suspicion of significant misconduct (e.g., sleeping, post abandonment, intoxication) or at client request. May not terminate an employee except at the direction of Branch or other authorized manager.
- Comprehends, applies and documents positive reinforcement, coaching, and progressive discipline as appropriate.
- Provides regular on-going training for security officers in post, operational and safety topics.
- Meets with branch management and client representatives to review status and address perceived problems.
- Inspects client sites as assigned to reinforce officer safety rules, adequate coverage and security supplies and equipment, security signage, and compliance with post orders; visits client representatives to ensure satisfaction with services provided; knows post orders for all accounts.
- Responds to calls for assistance, reports of accident or injury, and significant incidents reported by security officers.
- Fill all open post and call-off without using overtime.
- Personally stands vacant posts when necessary to ensure contracted coverage is provided.
- Conducts and reports a site survey whenever site security conditions change significantly; if there is an incident that requires it; on a recurring schedule as directed, and if so directed by the Branch Manager or Safety Department.
- Provides support during account start-up. Provides input to security planning, assessments, site surveys, and loss reports. May be assigned to write and revise post orders. Trains officers on post orders. Also reviews post orders and communicates requirements and changes to affected personnel.
- Responsible for assigned company vehicle and compliance with the company’s safety driving program. Informs the trailer maintenance staff and branch manager of the need for regular maintenance of assigned vehicle. Maintains cleanliness of assigned vehicle. Inspects and documents condition of vehicle prior to use. Ensures assigned vehicle is in good operating condition daily, including oil, water, tires and body. Immediately notifies branch manager and documents any damage when it occurs. Assumes full responsibility for any damage unreported at commencement of duty shift.
- Works with Branch Manager and others necessary to effectively complete duties. Provides supplies (e.g., flashlights, hardhats, cell phones) to security officers.
- May provide occasional transportation to security officers in furtherance of CPS business needs.
- May deliver mail, payroll and memoranda to officers in furtherance of CPS business needs.
- May assist and/or provide backup support to the Scheduler.
- Responsible for using Zora Software (Pinging) to identify field activities.
- Responsible for using Jobfiler to identify site visits and client contacts.
- May be tasked to inspect and report on CPS Mobile Surveillance Units (MSU).
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 3 plus years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education.
- Must read, write and speak English, being multi-lingual/bilingual is a plus.
- Professional in appearance and presentation. Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
- Must be able to understand what is observed, interpret, communicate and write via logs, incident reports, loss prevention reports, etc.
- Must be able to conduct a site safety report.
- Must be able to lead by example and provide a positive model for security officers.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently. Ab ility to track and maintain scheduled assignments.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good computer skills required (e.g., MS Outlook, MS Word).
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with peers and clients, at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Scheduling background a plus.
Benefits: This position comes with medical and dental eligibility, 401k,, supplemental benefits, life insurnce, etc...
- Must have valid drivers license and meet requirements set forth in Auto Safety Program .
- May be required to hold and continue to meet the requirements of any applicable license for Security Officers.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Physical requirements: Must have manual dexterity to manage telephones and computer equipment simultaneously and with respect to other duties.
- Hearing sufficient to communicate with team members and personnel.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 40 pounds.
- Will be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Must be able to maintain visual acuity and alertness for long periods of time including long periods driving a motor vehicle.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described.
CPS Security Solutions - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
At CPS Security Solutions®, our success is based on a top management team with experience in Internet technology, security services...