For more than 85 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. With 2010 sales and revenues of $42.588 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company also is a leading services provider through Caterpillar Financial Services, Caterpillar Remanufacturing Services, Caterpillar Logistics Services and Progress Rail Services.
Reporting to the Sales Account Manager, the Technical Service Representative will provide client support and technical issue resolution. Additionally the Technical Service Representative will provides technical assistance and training to customers. The Technical Service Representative work as a team with the PSSR and Account Manager to promote and foster use of Caterpillar Global Mining products with the customer at worksites directly.
Specifically, the Technical Service Representative will:
This position requires:
- Diagnose a range of complex equipment problems.
- Maintain inventory and stock of spare parts.
- Technically assist our customers on the field.
- Encourage the use of the product by highlighting the qualities, advantages and benefits the customer will get by purchasing our products.
- Perfom permanent monitoring of the performance of our products.
- Train customers on good use of the product.
- Constant support to customers in case of possible doubts about the use and good practices of our products.
- Maintain current technical knowledge, to be in a position to present the features of our product compared to that of competition,
- Proactively interface between all functions of the company and our customers concerning technical, operational & EHS challenges as applicable to any assignment.
- Mentor, develop and otherwise provide guidance to less experienced peers.
- In a timely manner, complete all post job and administrative duties including, but not limited to, customer and service reports, timesheets, job debriefs and tooling tracking.
- Perform all activitied in a safe and compliant manner in line with the company’s and our customer’s environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrate uncompromising integrity to ensure 100% compliance with regulatory and company rules and requirements.
- Maintain a strong customer relationship through a positive, proactive and professional approach.
- A Civil Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Mine Technician or Technical High School degree when combined with experience in the mining industry.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the repair and maintenance and service of heavy mining equipment and diesel or diesel-electric mining machinery.
- The ability to work independently, with analytical reasoning and problem solving skills to formulate procedures and plans, to execute and monitor programs.
- The ability to:
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Caterpillar - 15 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...