Posting Job Title: Field Technician (Murray, KY)
Requisition #: 148750BR
Posting Location: Murray, KY, US
Alternative Locations: United States - Kentucky - Mayfield;;
Area of Interest: Customer Service/Member Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Installation/Service: Responsible for the installation, service, and troubleshooting basic telecommunications equipment at the customer's home or office.
Work Schedule- Wednesday thru Sunday 8 AM - 5 PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installation, Service and Troubleshooting - Tap to Customer's Equipment
- Install, service and troubleshoot new or upgraded basic cable services and products in customer home, office or business (may include MDUs).
- Is accountable for referring problems between the node and headend to maintenance technicians and coordinating their resolution for the customer.
- Installs equipment and network interface units for basic products and services.
- Installs coaxial drop cable in accordance with Time Warner Cable specifications.
- Disconnects, reconnects and relocates service as necessary and as instructed.
- Tests equipment to adjust signal strength and ensure optimum reception.
- Repairs or replaces worn components and faulty connections.
- Performs low level preventative maintenance, such as headend output level checks.
- Install coaxial drop cable in accordance with Time Warner Cable specifications.
- Ensure quality reception and conducts basic/routine technical troubleshooting to resolve reception and/or other service related problems.
- Teaches customers how to use equipment.
- Informs management of customer concerns as well as service and/or operational problems to improve the quality of future service.
- Up sell and/or upgrade new or additional products and services while performing installation or service call duties.
- Communicate with customers on-site to encourage them to upgrade equipment or service packages.
- Sells the benefits and features of existing and new products, services and programs.
- Represents the company and its service philosophy to the customer. Provides excellent customer service.
Work Orders and Administrative
- Review customer work order request to ensure proper services requested are completed.
- Accurately completes and signs all work orders, to include, but not limited to: signal level, time in and out, DCT serial numbers and customer signatures and forwards to the appropriate departments.
- Ensures proper communication to dispatch is made after every job.
Equipment, Tools and Supplies
- Stock company truck with necessary tools, supplies and equipment and maintain all company assets in accordance to Time Warner Cable Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Responsible for minimal collection activities that include payment for partial or full billing balances and/or converter boxes from disconnected customers.
- Maintain working knowledge of Time Warner Cable products and service offerings by attending product knowledge staff meetings, reviewing marketing/sales brochures and participating in in-house and other relevant training programs.
Extraordinary Working Conditions :
- This is a very active physical position and requires working outdoors in all types of weather.
- Maximum body weight cannot exceed 275 pounds in order to comply with safety limitations of equipment.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and use standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers, etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must have visual and hearing acuity to operate a variety of standard test and measurement equipment.
- May be required to climb poles using gaffs and/or climbing ladders.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 0 to 3 years relevant work experience required
EDUCATION AND/OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have ability to use hand and power tools.
- Electronics, installation or construction labor experience and/or training preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service and sales skills to successfully interact with customer in a professional and positive manner.
- Demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills and time management skills to ensure that work related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts. Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Familiarity with a variety of office equipment, standard software packages and application and use of personal computers to include the Microsoft Office suite of products.
OTHER POSITION CONSIDERATIONS:
- Travel may be required to attend work related meetings and training sessions.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule that provides needed coverage for customer service levels and/or time-sensitive projects.
- Valid Driver's License with satisfactory driving record required.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing to include but not limited to: skills testing and pre-employment background checks as well as drug/alcohol testing.
FCC Unit_TWC: 11153
Controlling Establishment ID: 00259 - Richmond KY Foxhaven Dr
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...