Yoh has a contract opportunity for a Field Technician B to join our client in Jackson, MI.
- Perform install, setup, end-to-end system alignment, testing and fault diagnosis during implementation and on operational Land Mobile Radio (LMR) radio networks (P25, OpenSky, EDACS and Conventional), with the aid of PC-based programs, schematics and other drawings.
- Programming and Installation of mobile radios, antennas and accessories, perform unit swap and associated tests in a variety of vehicles.
- Mounting, cabling, initial set-up and testing of site equipment, fault isolation and replacement at the unit level.
- Ensure that safety practices are being followed at all times, maintain and preserve company owned equipment and ensure it is kept in good repair at all times
- Train new employees in the correct system alignment and test procedures when required.
- Complete test records, fault reports, and all other project related documentation and forward to installation supervisor.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and co-workers requiring telephone or on-site support
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Technical Electronics - minimum 3 years experience.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in an electronics field - computers, networking, RF, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access) as well as touch typing.
- Ability to meet internal paperwork requirements for time card input, expense and PCard reports, and service tickets.
- Ability to travel on short notice (less than one day) and for periods of up to two weeks at a time. International travel is not expected.
- Valid driver's license required
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
- FCC General Radiotelephone Operator's license (or APCO or NABER equivalent).
- Cisco Training or Microsoft Networking training / experience.
- Associates Degree in an electronics field - Electrical or Electronic Engineering - Computer Science, etc.
- Five or more years of direct Land Mobile Radio experience on trunked radio systems.
- Five or more years of Networking Experience.
- Excellent customer presence as well as verbal and written communication skills to include making customer presentations, writing system documentation documents, and communications involving system installation and operation.
- Work well with internal customers in Project Management, System Engineering, Technical Assistance Center and others
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short- and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn both about our company and about our leading staffing solutions .
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Yoh Services, LLC - 20 months ago
Yoh Company is a unit of Yoh, one of the largest staffing services firms in the United States with more than 550 million USD in total...