DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
- Develop proficiency in primary skills of customer relations, basic electricity, basic electronics, basic telephony, radio principles for CDMA and iDEN, and basic principles of digital transmission, fiber communication, data communication, telephony terminology, industry standards, and on-line network control/maintenance systems.
- Serve as a technical reference point for other functions.
- Able to follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform routine maintenance on all radio interface equipment.
- Perform Service Assurance work on all radio interface network elements. Interpret the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and implement repairs and restoration plans to ensure minimal service disruption and impact to customer.
- Provide Service Delivery work installing new cell site equipment from channel card elements up to complete new cell site installs.
- Develop proficiency with use of relevant wireless tools and test equipment.
- Develop proficiency with inventory tools and procedures.
- Able to trouble shoot AC and DC power systems including tower light controllers.
- Meet expectations with regards to behavioral and administrative facets of the position.
- Basic Microwave principals
- Vocational Skills and procedural knowledge, typically gained through a combination of education and relevant experience totaling up to 2 years post-high school or equivalent.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environment.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and resourcefulness (with assistance from others) in challenging and/or perplexing situations.
- Confirmation of travel requirement - 100% for Technicians but flexible to travel outside of market for weeks at a time if required (e.g. disaster recovery, new product roll-out, etc).
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (ie: shift work), to include maintenance window and weekends if needed. 24/7 On Call required.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Basic computer skills.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive long distances on and off road. A CDL classification may be required for some vehicles.
- Will need to transport equipment, therefore, vehicle with appropriate carrying capacity will be needed.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases.
- Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, vaults, and all types of geographic locations.
- The dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with field operations specific trouble ticket and network database systems.
- Previous experience working wireless networking system.
- Travel required.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson - 2 years ago
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society and is a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term...