Posting Job Title: Field Technician
Requisition #: 143304BR
Posting Location: Harlingen, TX, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable is currently seeking Field Technicians for our Technical Operations Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
This position is responsible for the installation, disconnection, and changes to broadband analog and digital cable, high speed data, and digital telephony services to include the installation of end-user software packages in a TCP/IP protocol environment, as well as the physical installation of the PC network interface card or cable modem connection to the USB port where appropriate and the installation of home networking solutions wired and wireless
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs customer installations for video, high speed data, digital phone, and new products as required
- Perform customer installations complete from tap to customer, including prewired units; reconnects; additional outlets, requested and non-pay disconnects, and changes of service; installations adhering to Company procedures and safe work practices, National Electrical Code (NEC) and NESC requirements, and local ordinances in order to provide (or remove) services to the customer
- Uses various tools and equipment proficiently. These include, but are not limited to: screwdrivers, pliers, shovels, ladders and various test meters
- Review all requested services with the customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement
- Wire single dwelling units (SDU's) and multiple dwelling units (MDUs) in order to provide "ready hook-up" capabilities at the time of moving in
- If necessary, burying of the service drop from the tap to the ground block; replacing and mounting of SDU and MDU wallboxes; repair or replacement of tap pedestals
- Inspect existing ground or make new ground according to the NEC to protect employees, customers, and equipment
- Determine acceptability of service by reviewing signal quality following installation or service call in order to provide the best possible service for the customer.
- Provide information on available services to new and existing customers in order to sell additional services and attempt to upgrade existing services
- Performs installations by climbing on ladders, telephone poles, and other structures; lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, digging, crawling, stooping and standing. Works outside throughout the year. Works in various weather conditions, which may be extreme hot or cold conditions. May drive for long periods of time and work in dark/confined spaces in attics and on ground beneath floors.
- Demonstrate and educate customer on products and services
- Perform other duties as requested in order to achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Demonstrate ability to independently perform basic installation jobs described above
- Must possess a valid Texas drivers license
- Must be able to meet and maintain safe load limits for provided equipment, in accordance with TWC Weight Restriction Policy
- Minimum of six months experience in installation position
- Pass a pole climbing certification annually
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/Recognized Equivalent or minimum five (5) years of directly related experience required
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
FCC Unit_TWC: 5675
Controlling Establishment ID: 00150 - Harlingen
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...