With operations in both the United States and Canada, BOS Solutions (BOS) is a full service provider of solutions for drilling fluids treatment and recovery. BOS has advanced the technology of drilling support services and drilling fluid management, with particular skill in drilling fluid recovery for water and oil-based drilling fluids. BOS’ integrated systems provide increased
efficiency at the drill site, at a lower total cost, with minimal logistics, and at the same time reduce the environmental footprint. BOS is committed to helping our clients achieve their goals. We have a thorough understanding of our clients’ needs and have dedicated professionals to deliver results.
BOS is currently seeking a qualified Field Technicians for our South Texas Operations. The successful candidates will be responsible for providing dewatering and solids control services for Company clients. Technicians assist with rig-up, rig-outs, centrifuge support, equipment testing, equipment monitoring, troubleshooting and repair, and liaising with clients to ensure that job targets are achieved. This position reports to the Field Supervisor and/or Branch Manager.
Field Technicians will work away from home for 2 to 3 weeks at a time, sleeping in either a company trailer on the rig site or in a nearby motel at BOS expense. Regular shifts will vary from a minimum of 8 hours up to 16 hours with occasions where the shift extends past 16 hours. Technicians will be working in all types of weather including cold, heat, rain and snow. Field
Technicians will be required to stand for up to 8 hours at a time, climb and descend stairs and ladders, carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds and operate equipment safely. Must be able to read, write and speak English and have basic computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Rigging up and rigging out of company equipment at client well-sites · Dewatering, floc and centrifuge support as requested
• Providing optimal operation and maintenance of Company equipment · Function testing of all equipment prior to
leaving location as required
• Train client personnel to operate equipment as required
• Scheduled and/or perform equipment repairs as needed
• Completion of daily field reporting and safety documentation
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Previous field experience in the Oil and Gas industry required; dewatering and solids control experience preferred
• Other training or experience in electrical/mechanical activities will be considered
• Valid Driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract and willing to travel extensively
• Must be highly organized and detailed-oriented
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work long hours on a variable schedule (up to 19 days on and 5 days off)
• Oilfield training tickets (H2S, First Aid, WHIMIS and Confined Spaces) considered an asset; however, BOS will provide
training to all personnel as required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.