TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Field Technician Specialist to join our team in Miramar, Florida.
Job Summary: This position performs on-site or in-house servicing, repair and/or installation of customer equipment of a highly complex nature with minimal technical assistance. This position may include: troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment, systems and wiring; design and construction of circuits, boards, and equipment; modifications, upgrades, or programming equipment; interfacing with customers, manufacturers, technicians, and management to resolve system or equipment issues; training of others and development of training programs; preventive maintenance functions; emergency on-call service repairs; testing and documentation functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education : High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. One year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Supervise and perform maintenance on the ATMS wireless system
- Performs maintenance tasks related to the preventive maintenance, repair and/or installation of computers and equipment
- Recommends preventive maintenance action and program.
- Assists less experienced Field Technicians.
- May recommend and develop local administrative practices.
- Administers and monitors all documentation within an assigned area.
- Makes recommendations regarding the application or utilization of the system and its components.
- Completes reports, logs and performs shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
- Responsible for set-up of new systems and equipment
- Analyzes and resolves the most difficult technical problems
- Designs and builds custom equipment and electronics circuits
- Systems and network analysis and repair.
- Interacts with the customer and vendors concerning new system’s operation and maintenance requirements.
- Determines the level of spare parts required to support these systems and the training needed to maintain these systems.
- Develops training packages and provides training to the field technicians as needed.
- Takes the lead in special projects such as system retrofits and system enhancements.
- Provides updated documentation to system modifications and enhancements.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Technical Integration Certifications or 8 or more years of Senior ITS Technician
- Understanding of how to troubleshoot and maintain wireless communication systems
- Significant experience in installing, trouble shooting, and maintaining all ITS devices such as CCTV, MVDS, HAR, DMS, Fiber Optic Communications, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches
- Able to lead a new installation
- MOT certified
- Ability and experience performing utility locates, fiber splicing and troubleshooting
- Configuration of network switches
TransCore - 10 months ago
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...