Let’s Work Together
Field Technician Tier I
This is a temporary 5-8 week project assignment.
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Deployment
The Deployment Team at nfrastructure is made up of highly motivated individuals whose attention to detail, follow-through, and active client support creates an energetic and productive atmosphere. Working directly with clients, the team is committed to installing the clients’ computer equipment, ensuring it is connected to the network and peripherals, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise. The Deployment Team works together to create IT infrastructures at client locations while simultaneously maintaining and troubleshooting infrastructures at existing client locations.
The role: Field Technician
As a Field Technician, you will perform hardware/software installations and configuration at client locations. You will also support new hardware and software infrastructure. Your experience with PC systems, related peripherals, common software programs and operating systems is essential to successful project completion. You will complete proper inventory and asset recording processes prior to and during delivery and complete appropriate paperwork as required for customer acceptance. On a daily basis you will travel to customer locations, so a flexible work schedule is a must.
- Install, configure and support new hardware and software infrastructure
- Complete appropriate paperwork as required for customer acceptance
- Travel to customer locations and possess a flexible work schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with computer hardware and peripherals
- At least three (3) years of computer-related install and troubleshooting experience.
- Three (3) years of work experience in Windows XP and Windows 7 installation and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol
- Must be proficient in the use of tools required for installation
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Excellent customer skills and focus and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel a minimum of 100% of the time
- High School diploma
- Must be authorized to work within the United States
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/company/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions