Master responsibilities for a specified area of transportation and purchasing of producer’s crude oil. Acts as first purchaser of Crude Oil at the tank battery, tests grade and content, and measures purchased amount. Monitors system load and controls flow of crude oil in gathering systems. Conducts measurements and sampling of crude oil, products and natural gas liquids, performs related administrative duties, periodically inspecting equipment and performing maintenance at facilities as required under minimal supervision. Acts as technical expert and lead for less experience staff as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Performs all duties associated with custody transfer operations in accordance with established company policy and procedures for various crude oil, products and natural gas liquids
- Prepares run tickets showing measurement, grade and content of purchased crude oil determining purchase price paid to producers
- Acts as liaison to producers’ representatives in the field
- Oversees or performs periodic equipment inspections and meter calibrations and proving as required
- Performs batch-changing operations to ensure effective segregation of various products and crude oils
- Performs non-routine maintenance on various facilities as required
- May conduct measurement and sample products at terminals or pump stations
- Witnesses meter proving operations as company representative
- Responds to third party requests to locate underground facilities and inspects the work at completion
- Represents the company in measurement and quality analysis disputes
- Interfaces with Government representatives during custody transfers
- Acts as technical expert and lead for less experience staff as required
- May be responsible for “dig test” one call system, monitoring one calls, and dispatching to the location as needed
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
3 or more years of job related experience, either 3+ years in the Oil and Gas Industry in operations OR 3+ years in military fuel management OR 3+ years in natural gas pipeline operations OR equivalent is required.
A minimum of a High School degree or equivalent is required. Six months successful mandatory position specific training is required to be considered permanently appointed to this job
Advanced ability to apply math and advanced measurement skills to assignments based on pre-established guidelines of Company Policy and required regulations. Advanced knowledge of safety procedures and precautions. Strong mechanical aptitude.
SUPERVISORY/MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Company agent for purchasing crude oil at the tank battery at approximately $25,000 per tank purchased with daily purchases of about $250,000. No secondary approval of the purchase; the run ticket is agreement to pay.
Field based. Work is performed primarily out-of-doors in most weather; during the course of an assignment, may be exposed to dust, dirt, mud, water, petroleum products, etc. The noise level in the work environment is dependent upon the worksite and surrounding activities
Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs, move about the worksite, turn on and operate a computer in the applicable environment, communicate efficiently and effectively on the telephone or in person, and complete required paperwork. Subject to shift work and 24-hour on-call availability. Ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential – inability to maintain standard insurance rates is grounds for dismissal. Valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
Please visit us at http://hollyfrontier.com/careers/ to view and apply for current opportunities with HollyFrontier Corporation. Application must be submitted by 4:00 pm on Friday, June 28, 2013.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer