Field Test Engineers test pre-production mobile devices for voice quality, call performance, data performance, and video performance under live network conditions in major metropolitan areas in the US. This is an outdoor, field test position and devices are tested at both stationary locations and specific drive routes using proprietary tools. This position is located in New York.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform wireless device field testing per established test plans: Voice Quality, Call Performance, Data Performance, and Video Performance
- Troubleshoot related device and tool issues on site as required.
- Monitor the real time performance of the testing, ensuring data collected is accurate and the test runs smoothly.
- Manage resulting log files which can include reviewing for accuracy, content, post-processing and uploading to central server.
- B.S. in Engineering, Telecommunications, Electronics, Computer Science; or three to four years experience in field test or installation in the wireless industry (Device testing, Infrastructure installation/test); or practical experience in field device testing with Spirent tools and processes for at least a year.
- Experience with mobile phone field testing and troubleshooting is a must.
- Familiarity with Spirent’s Nomad and Datum tools is a plus.
- Dependable, trustworthy, good attention to detail, organized and efficient.
- Able to manage own tasks and test plans under minimal supervision.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Available for full time, with a flexible schedule.
- Willing to travel domestically for five to seven days at a time.
- Good understanding of GSM, UMTS/WCDMA, CDMA and LTE.
- Experience with QXDM preferred, but not required.
- Excellent PC experience, familiar with Windows, saving files, creating folders, installing drivers, troubleshooting common Windows problems.
- Experience with Excel.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Spirent Communications - 18 months ago